• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: The Power of Knowledge (DM: Fragsie, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I wonder how many other people are (like me) waiting to see what the rest of the group does? Real life isn't keeping me from posting, but I think it has kept me from noticing the pace. I hadn't been bothered by it.
I'm okay with trying to speed things up, though I'd like to try it the natural way (i.e. we post more) before any change in DM style. THat's my vote.[/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Players, we need to make a couple of skill checks to get information from this statue. My rolls were insufficient, I propose Garth and Tamalak take a crack at it to see if we can get this information.

One of TwoHeadsBarking's points is that we need to post rolls like these in a timely manner to keep the game moving. At a table this would happen very quickly, in Play-by-Post the DM is waiting around for Players to post these rolls.

It may very well only take one of the players to move the plot forward, but it will take all three of us to post things like skill checks (until we reach combat again).
[/SBLOCK]

Tomalak

First Post
Skill check for what? Nothing was asked for, and I had no clever ideas... Is there a particular skill I should be rolling?

Tomalak

First Post
Should we assume that we don't know who Faran was? Are there any particles or pieces in the cavity? Was the cavity a clean rectangular shape, or was it shaped oddly?

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Should we assume that we don't know who Faran was? Are there any particles or pieces in the cavity? Was the cavity a clean rectangular shape, or was it shaped oddly?

You don't know who Faran was. The cavity was cylindrical and cleanly made, and it is now empty of whatever it held.[/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
"Good work Growl!" Skalisss acknowledges the Druid. "Ssso we know the compartment wasss carved out by magic, and we sssuspect sssomething relative to our quest resssided there. What do you think about thessse symbolsss Andrec?"

Tomalak

First Post
"It's a reference to someone called Faran, but I've never heard of him. Could be local history - I'm still pickup some of the stories. But it is likely a very old or obscure reference." Andrec manages to remain quiet and mousy while speaking in 'boring lecture voice' - a pretty impressive feat.

Remove ads