[Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=*scratches head at hornedturtle's question*] ummm... I'm not quite sure how to adjudicate that one, since I'm not sure exactly how much it would be worth... and also, without the appropriate means of driving said elemental sled/cart/whatever, how are you going to carry around such a heavy item? It's not like a Lyrandar airship made from Soarwood that would weigh next to nothing. This is an earth-elemental infused ground vehicle that kind of half-sinks into the ground and kind of flows through/around natural objects in the ground (providing the driver with earth-walk... ignoring non-plant, non-man-made based difficult terrain on natural ground). I'm not saying NO, but I will definitely need a Judge to come in and talk with me about it (for item value worth), and I will need to know how you plan to transport the 1 ton vehicle without being able to drive it. [/sblock]

[sblock=R1] Based on the description of a 1 passenger land vehicle with the equivalent speed of a smaller Lyrandar air ship that has earth-walk (ignores non-plant, non-manufactured, natural difficult terrain (such as rocks), what would you say such an item is worth? I don't suspect that it is something within the scope of a Heroic tier treasure, but I'd like to know since H.T. is requesting such an item, lol. [/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Gurdan sits quietly, gently pulling bits of impacted battle debris from his shield. You've served me well today, he thinks. As always. With this done, Gurdan lets his body relax into the floor as he closes his eyes.

hornedturtle

First Post
[sblock=elemental slead]I was thinking I could drive it since at the beginning of the combat you mentioned that we could drive them with an arcana check.[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Elemental Cart] The Arcana Check was to determine that one needed a special rod to control the cart. This is why (I believe) Lo-Kag went after Tracker originally, so that he could get one of those rods. None of the rods that the bandits were carrying survived the fire, so you would need to get one from somewhere else. [/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=A note on rewards] After seeing this in a few other adventure threads, I have decided to keep track of all rewards on the first page of this adventure. All XP rewards and treasure (as well as links to where they were approved) will be listed there. If I am missing anything, or you catch a math error, let me know so that I can correct it.

I'm liking the idea of doing this, because i can simply update that thread when I give stuff/XP out, and the judge can quote that thread and approve. [/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Since I have not gotten a reply from all of you with an idea of what you are doing, I will just move the adventure along.[/sblock]

With the battle over, the conductor has taken you back the way you came, towards the passengers that were left behind. It has taken the lightning rail a considerable amount of time to get back, due to the state of the engine, allowing the motley crew of adventurers time enough to rest and relax away the pains, bumps, and bruises from the days events.

As you approach the lone poor cabin, you notice a lack of activity. As the conductor stops the rail and you get out to investigate, you can clearly see that there is no one inside. Most disturbing is the fact that both Gurdis AND her gem are missing.

[sblock=Perception (passive or active) DC 20]
There has been a scuffle here, and there are tracks that head off towards the woods to the south east. It is obvious that whoever was here tried to cover their tracks, because a tree-branch has been swept back and forth to destroy any tracks that would have been left behind. Unfortunate for them, your keen eyes picked up the direction of the swipes that indicated that the person was walking backwards and showed you which way they headed!

[sblock=If your results also beat DC 25]

A partial foot-print was left behind. Either this person is the most flat-footed individual you have ever come into contact with, or the impression was made with some kind of metal boot. [/sblock][/sblock]

Otakkun

Explorer
Garrick takes a good long look at the place, but is unable to get an idea of what has happened (if he rolled a 20 he would get a 19 total).

So, can anyone tell me what happened in here? Everything is a mess!

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Alexia ONLY!]

Just before you wake from you rest, a flood of images fill your dreams. First you see your newly acquired blade in front of your eyes, gleaming under a blood red moon. It's dark, etched symbols flash between ancient Karnathi and the more modern form of that common dialect. The first half spell out "Victory in blood; Service Forever", a common saying amongst high ranking Karnathi military leadership. The last half of the engraving simply says "Morin". You can hear a battle raging all around you, but you can't take your eyes off of the blade. Slowly, blood begins to drip down the flat of the blade. You can feel it dripping off of the blade's edge and onto your feet, but still you cannot pull yourself away. You hear a death scream and the image of the blade is ripped away from your eyes. Before you can register what is happening, you can see yourself standing in front of an enemy with the sword in your hands, plunged hilt deep in his guts. Blood begins to wash over your hands. You begin to speak, but it is not your voice. What comes out is much deeper than you are capable of speaking in. Most of what is said is in ancient Karnathi, and you cannot make it out, but you do understand one phrase. As you yank the sword out of your foes guts, you raise it into the air, blood running down your arm, you shout out the blade's name: Heart Stopper! Your gruff voice reaches the ears of your allies and a cry goes up all around you, invigorating them and raising their fighting spirits!

[sblock=OOC]
To move things along, I rolled Alexia's History check for her. Here's your results: History 25... the lucky ducky :) Have fun with your new toy :devil:[/sblock][/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Alexia awakes, sweating slightly and paler than usual. She wipes her brow as she examines the room, then turns to Garrick and shrugs, "I'm afraid I have no idea. I doubt it was good, though."

[sblock=Still here!]Just haven't had time to post in a while. I flubbed the perception roll and I'm too lazy to find it and link it, but it's not like I gain much from lying about my failure.[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads