[Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMDanW

First Post
Grryth studies the poor cabin and the ground around it. His keen sense quickly pick up the tracks left behind, and the poor attempt to cover them.

"Looks like the passengers were taken by force" Grryth states to the others. "Headed toward the woods over there" he points towards the south east.

"Also I'm guessin by the boot print 'ere that it's more o' the forged that took 'em" Grryth explains while looking at the partial boot print. "That, or someone with really flat metal boots..." he adds while staring off towards the southeast, squinting a little as if he could perhaps see them if he tried hard enough.

[sblock=Roll]
Perception Check=1d20+9 (Perception Check)=27
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Lo-Kag rubs his eyes and shakes his head in order to collect his thoughts. "Got something there Grryth?" This is not a question to be answered, just a statement to acknowledge to Grryth that Lo-Kag is following him. His weapon is ready if needed, carefully angling it away from Grryth, just in case he suddenly stops in order to examine the trail.

hornedturtle

First Post
Masumi, tired phisically and mentally, lies down after her vision to rest. As she falls into a heavy slumber short thick light brown fur starts to spread over her body, "So cold," she mumbles as her form begins streching to what seem to be impossable proportions. Soon where Masumi was is now a sleeping male Gnoll.

As the train begins to slow down the deceleration the Gnoll begins to wake up. Streching he opens a eye to gage his surroundings. "Delightful nap," states a gruff voice, "I drempt I was arm wrestling a beautifully brawny woman," he mumbles. Looking around at the wreckage of the first class cabin he smiles, "Looks like someone had fun here!"

"I'm afraid I have no idea. I doubt it was good, though."

Atracted to the commotion Riel walks over to the other cabin where Alexis is, "Hello, My name is Riel, can I be of assistance Miss?" he says to Alexis with as much charm as a Gnoll can muster.

Preception 1d20+2=20

Examining the room, "It looks like someone had fun here too, although not as much as in the other cabin," Gesturing to the first class cabin.

[sblock=Occ]Sorry for the slow posting, i was trying to figure out how to spin the next switch.[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
"Looks like the passengers were taken by force" Grryth states to the others. "Headed toward the woods over there" he points towards the south east.

"Also I'm guessin by the boot print 'ere that it's more o' the forged that took 'em" Grryth explains while looking at the partial boot print. "That, or someone with really flat metal boots..." he adds while staring off towards the southeast, squinting a little as if he could perhaps see them if he tried hard enough.

"You've a keen eye, friend." Gurdan considers the tracks, still sleepy, and then his face takes on a dark cast as the full realization of what has happened hits him.

"They've taken Gurdis! Come, then, we've not a moment to lose! Who knows where those cowardly machines are taking her?" Gurdan quickly gathers up his belongings.

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=re:Occ] No problem! It's always fun trying to anticipate which personality you will bring out next. Interesting... a charismatic gnoll. This should be fun! [/sblock]

[sblock=Alexia/THB] Don't forget to put Heart Stopper in your character sheet :) I hope you enjoyed seeing the weapon's backstory! If you stick with me as a DM for a good long while, I may end up doing more with Heart Stopper and maybe a few other items (depending on what is on your wishlist). Speaking of which, don't forget to update your wishlist for level 5![/sblock]

As the heroes head into the King's Forest, the once sunny atmosphere quickly changes. The trees grow thick here and all but a few scant rays of sunlight are blocked by the massive oaks that dominate this landscape. The sounds of a few birds could be heard near the outer tree line of the forest, but once the group has delved more than a few hundred feet, it becomes silent as the grave. Not even the sound of random insects seem to present itself, and your own footsteps seem louder than normal as you crunch over fallen leaves and twigs. Grryth and Riel manage to track the swish marks to a natural fork in the path, but the markings end where the foliage becomes too thick to hold any footprints.

[sblock=Skill Challenge: Tracking the Tracker]

Time to find the bad guys who took Gurdis and the rest of the passengers!

This is a complexity 3 skill challenge of level 5 (8 successes before 3 failures).

Regardless of the results of the previous rolls, I want everyone to make at least 1 roll (so for instance, if Riel, Grryth, and Alexia fail their skill checks, I still want Garrick, Lo-Kag, and Gurdan to roll a skill check).

In each round of checks, only 1 Perception check and 1 Nature check will be allowed. All other skills can be used by anyone as wanted, just ensure that they make sense for the situation.

Also, I want you to roll 1 Endurance check on top of the skill that you choose when it is your turn.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

DMDanW

First Post
As they enter the woods and the thicker underbrush the trail he was following is lost to him. Having grown up in woods such as this Grryth knows other ways to track his foes. He examines the smaller trees and bushes and looks for broken branches and for flower petals and leaves and the like that would become displaced with the passing of a group of people.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Perception Check = 1d20+9 (Perception Check)=15
Endurance Check = 1d20+10 (Endurance Check)=13
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Riel attempts to use his insight to figure out which way the cautious kidnappers would go to make following them difficult. Unfortunately, a light breeze hits him square in the face, and the smell of something delicious and earthy distracts him. Deep in the ground, Riel's gnollish nose finds a rare delicacy called the black truffle. Devouring it whole, the gnoll licks his lips and munches on the subterranean mushroom, feeling refreshed and ready to continue his search.

Garrick tries to aid Grryth in looking for tracks, but he is aware of his lack of talent in such job. As he walks between the two paths, a thick twig ends up under foot and as Garrick steps on it, his momentum and center of gravity shift forward. The rest of him quickly follows, and Garrick finds himself staring upwards at a beautiful canopy of deep red and gold leaves. Garrick can feel sharp pains in several parts of his back, and standing up reveals that he had landed on several pointy rocks.

As they enter the woods and the thicker underbrush the trail Grryth was following is lost to him. Having grown up in woods such as this Grryth knows other ways to track his foes. He examines the smaller trees and bushes and looks for broken branches and for flower petals and leaves and the like that would become displaced with the passing of a group of people, but it seems that their foes were even more cautious than most would be, as there is a decided lack of evidence of this kind. Undeterred, Grryth takes a deep breath and continues his investigation of the area.

[sblock=Tracking the Tracker]

[sblock=Round 1: 0 Successes; 1 Failure]

Riel: rolled an Insight Check of 10 (a minor fail) and Endurance of 17 (pass). This means that no bonus is given to the next skill check, but he does not lose a healing surge.

Garrick: Uses Aid Another (Perception) and rolls a 6 (a minor fail) and Endurance 11 (fail). This means that no bonuses are given to the next skill check, and Garrick loses 1 healing surge.

Grryth: Rolled a Perception check of 15 (Failure) and Endurance of 13 (pass). This means that the group has gained a failure, but Grryth does not lose a healing surge.

[/sblock]

Garrick: 6/7 Healing Surges
Riel: 7/7 Healing Surges
Lo-Kag: 8/8 Healing Surges
Grryth: 11/11 Healing Surges
Alexia: 10/10 Healing Surges
Gurdan: 13/13 Healing Surges
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Gurdan can't help but guffaw as Garrick lands on his back. "Come on, friend, let me help you up," he says, and offers him an arm.

Come on now, this can't be so hard, he thinks. The dwarf scans the ground, carefully examining each depression for signs of flight. (Perception 26, Endurance 29)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads