(Adventure) Trek to the Vinyard...

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Sorry, scanner is acting funny, won't let me upload a map right now... rectangle room, you entered through south door, north door is the open one, east and west doors (closed) about halfway in.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
In that case, Troi will stop by each of the two doors and quickly listen at them as he heads for the far door, again moving as quietly and quickly as possible.

WizWrm

First Post
"Hold a second before you open the doors," says Velbrik as he sheathes his longsword and unlimbers his bow.

He nocks an arrow, and says quietly, "Check the hinges to see which way the door opens. Hopefully they'll open inwardly; if they do, I want you to stand near the hinges and swing the door toward you so I can have a clear shot at anything gibbering that may jump out."

Thels

First Post
"Please, Velbrik" Zoe replies. "Be carefull what you shoot at. I am not sensing anything right now. If there is anything behind that door, it has no evil intentions. If it attacks us, it would probably think we are the bad people around here. So please, hold your fire."

Zoe waits in the middle of the room, keeping an eye open to her surroundings.

WizWrm

First Post
Velbrik lowers his bow. "I promise that I won't shoot anything I don't recognize immediately as of hostile intentions. Remember that not all creatures hostile to us will necessarily be evil, and so there may be still a surprise waiting for us."

He pauses, saying, "But I will keep my bow in hand; it would be a bad idea to be caught unawares, and we need to be careful opening doors regardless."

Last edited:

Thels

First Post
"Of course, just be carefull." Zoe frowns. "We did notice evil creatures within the compound, and whatever is in here might very well think we belong with them on first reaction."

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo start to move slowly and quietly throught the room and start to look discretely in the gap of the open door.

OOC: Listen, Spot, Hide, Move Silently +2, Open Lock +6, Search, Disable Device +7

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Velbrik
"Check the hinges to see which way the door opens. Hopefully they'll open inwardly; if they do, I want you to stand near the hinges and swing the door toward you so I can have a clear shot at anything gibbering that may jump out."

Troi nods. "That's a good idea. I'll make sure to do that."

Zoe
"Please, Velbrik, be carefull what you shoot at. I am not sensing anything right now. If there is anything behind that door, it has no evil intentions. If it attacks us, it would probably think we are the bad people around here. So please, hold your fire."

"Hmm..." Troi muses. "Better safe than sorry, though. Velbrik should be ready to shoot anythin', regardless of whether it's 'evil' or not."

Velbrik
"I promise that I won't shoot anything I don't recognize immediately as of hostile intentions. Remember that not all creatures hostile to us will necessarily be evil, and so there may be still a surprise waiting for us. But I will keep my bow in hand; it would be a bad idea to be caught unawares, and we need to be careful opening doors regardless."

"Sounds good to me." Troi says with a shrug.

"Now that we're done with our little philosophical conversation, whatever's on the other side of the door has probably already heard us, if there is anythin'." He says, walking up to the door and examining the hinges. "So... Velbrik, if they open out, though, away from us, then I'll kick 'em in - that might give us an edge, or somethin' - an' I'll try to get outta your way, so you can shoot anythin' that's nasty."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Opening the door (which opens inwards into the 'new' room), RInaldo,Troi and Zoe stand near, with Velbrik (bow ready),Thurgan and Felix waiting just behind.

Within the chamber lies what is obviously a Drawing-Room or perhaps a Games-Parlor. A bookcase sits to one side, old tomes and new alike lining it's shelves. Several short tables (with chess and backgammon patterns inlaid upon their surfaces) are in evidence, along with half a dozen chairs. The whole of the Chamber is perhaps 20 feet deep and 20 wide as well. There is no sign of anything alive within this Chamber either...

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo look inside the chamber, in all dark spot he can see to be sure noting is hidden. After being sure there is nothing, he whispers.

"Must be here where Felton and Vingarius play chess when Felton visit his friend. Seems no one in that room, let's look at another door."

Rinaldo start to move quietly to the western door and looks at the door, trying to see which side it open, if it is lock, to hear any noise coming from the other side of the door.

OOC: Listen, Spot, Hide, Move Silently +2, Open Lock +6, Search, Disable Device +7

Remove ads