(Adventure) Trek to the Vinyard...

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
So, there it was, a Merchant in need of a Wine shipment. almost a week overdue, a Merchant a less than a mile away, though it was getting on and probably a bit late to visit him for information.
There was the roadwarden as well, the man who found something among the wreckage of a barrel-wagon suppossedly coming from the Vinyards. The Vinyards themselves were some 20 miles from The City South,South-East of here.

Where to first...

WizWrm

First Post
"Well," says Velbrik to his companions, "Let's grab a table while we make our plans. We ought to get organized before we go leaping off in every random direction."

Velbrik gestures to a table in a well-lit corner, proceeding there and pulling out several sheets of paper. "Let's go over what we know so far. I'll write it down both for organization's sake and so we'll have something to present to the rest of our group in the morning, who've most likely missed out on everything pertaining to the job."

"First, shipments have - as the notice said - ceased, for so far nearly a week, from the Vingarius Vineyard, 20 miles southeast of here. Brindle has told us that the poster comes from Fenton's Wines & Spirits, a business in town."

He paused, quickly writing upon the paper, in slanted, spidery script,

Code:
[size=2]Vingarius Vineyard - shipments of wine to city 1 per 2 days. Ceased.

Fenton's Wine & Spirits is destination of shipments, in town. [/size]

"Now, Enbard Gunnerson, a Roadwarden, came across one of the caravans that was making a journey to Fenton's. It was destroyed: kegs smashed, carts turned over, wine spilled, and no sign of the driver or any other occupants. He also claims he has found something of interest."

Velbrik continues writing,

Code:
[size=2]Caravan found, wrecked. Occupants missing.

See Enbard Gunnerson, details.[/size]

"Is there anything I missed? If not, it looks like our first course of action in the morning will be, as Troi said, to head over to see Enbard Gunnerson in his station along the road."

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Gunnerson is a Roadwarden, i.e. 'Highway Patrol' in a station a few miles outside of town, along the path to the Vinyard.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"Hmm..." Troi says, looking over what's been written. "Well, my first thought was that we should head down to th' Avenue a Merchants, and see what the guys down there say, from... what is it, Fenton's?" He pauses. "Yeah. So anyway, we talk to them, see what they know, then we head out and go see this Enbard Gunnerson guy, or whoever."

"First, though, while we're still here in town, we gotta get some supplies, in case this takes awhile, y'know? Zoe is pulling some cash together to get a donkey, or somethin', to carry some food around. I dunno. I can't help her out, though, so if ya don't wanna carry yer food on yer back, ya should probably talk to Zoe at some point."

"So once we talk to Gunnerson, we figure out what we're gonna do. Probably end up headin' to the vinyards, to see what they say 'bout it. See if any other shipments been destroyed, or whatnot."

Arken

Explorer
"Agreed, we must gather some information and supplies, I would suggest speed in that if possible however as there is the possibility that the more time is left the more tracks will fade or raiders will be able to 'disappear'. If we want to discover where the goods are or who the attackers are we probably need to make it to the site quickly."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
It is still early evening. Seeing as Fenton had Mr. Brindle post the Notice just a few short moments (let's say an hour), he is most likely still up, and perhaps even Open for business, should you wish to go to his shoppe. Providing that the inquiries with Mr. Fenton do not take overly long, you could even be on the Road to the Roadhouse (even there) within 2 hours, 3 perhaps. The ROadhouse where Gunnarson is posted is a mere 3 miles out, along a well-travelled road. That trip shouldn't take too long (An hour to hour and a half in the dark on foot, providing for heavy packs, faster if you travel lightly.
The Roadhouse has a commons room that you may stay in for a copper a night if you need to. A fresh start from there in the morning should put you well on the way to the Vinyard (perhaps even a chance at a ride with a wagon or some such).

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo come from the bar, a glass in his hand. He puts his sack next to a chair and take a seat.

"Agreed, we must gather some information and supplies, I would suggest speed in that if possible however as there is the possibility that the more time is left the more tracks will fade or raiders will be able to 'disappear'. If we want to discover where the goods are or who the attackers are we probably need to make it to the site quickly."

"I agree too with that. More we will be waiting, more difficult it will be to find raisers. As blacksmiths say, we must work the iron while it's hot."

Zoe is pulling some cash together to get a donkey, or somethin', to carry some food around. I dunno. I can't help her out, though, so if ya don't wanna carry yer food on yer back, ya should probably talk to Zoe at some point."

Rinaldo look at his purse and put an hand to estimate the weight.

"I have a few gold to spare if it is needed. If we need more money, I can try to sell my spice with little or no profits. If I do an average bargain, I think I can do it fast."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Felix

"Good point." Troi says, nodding. "I can track critters, an' I don't imagine that trackin' people'll be any different. If there are any tracks, even if they're a couple a days old or whatever, I should be able to find 'em."

"However, we shouldn't leave 'til mornin'. I did say that we should gather here in the mornin', y'know? Besides, Zoe left, and I gotta go get Thurgan at some point before we set out tomorrow."

Remove ads