(Adventure) Trek to the Vinyard...

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Do we seem to have a few 'MIA's, GW? Seems that a few people got very excited at LEW, then most likely had to do RL things.
If that is the case, it's fine with a smaller group, as the nature of this sort of gaming is folks being abe to pop in and out for short adventures. While you wait for them, perhaps someone wants to go and interview Fenton? Or get supplies, so that we are all ready to go once the 'full' group is ready.
-Uriel

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
OoC: Really, the only person who hasn't really 'shown up' yet is Grak, played by Tallarn. Keia (who is playing Thurgan) has said that he's in, we just have to go get him. I'm planning on doing that before we leave the city.

If Grak doesn't show up, that only puts us down a fighter-type... and we have two others, so it wouldn't be too big of a blow to the party dynamics. Of course, I'd still like for him to show up, but if he doesn't, it won't kill us.

"Well," Troi says, rising, "I'm gonna go get Thurgan. If you guys wanna go talk to Fenton, or somethin', go ahead... let's regroup here before we leave th' city."

With that, he leaves the table, heading in the direction of the smithy where Thurgan lives and works.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
OOC: Just waiting to go . . . :)

At Drewer's Smithy:
Thurgan packed his gear in the morning, arranging all of his personal possessions so that he would be able to leave at a moment's notice. Then, he made his way down stairs to the smithy - as usual, it was up to him to open the shop and stoke the fires in the forges.

He sighed, wondering what life could bring instead . . .

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Troi makes his way nonchalantly through town, giving his traditional greeting to the various people he's come to know over the past couple of weeks.

Eventually, he gets to Drewer's Smithy. Peering inside, he knocks loudly on the door.

"'ello?" He yells, knocking again. "Anybody home?"

OoC: Taking a few liberties with moving the story along... hope you don't mind, Uriel. ;)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
"Oi? Troi, come on in. It's just me here right now," Thurgan said with a subtle harumpf. "I've got the fires stoked and getting ready for another day. How are ya doing, t'day?"

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:I was going to do a 'You travel to Smithy/get young Smith/ take the road/reach roadhouse... but I wasn't sure that you folks were all ready as of yet.

IC:The streets of the City were bustling with morning business, merchants and foodmongers peddling sausages, pies and candied fruits moved about jostling with farmers from the outlying areas and Apprentices from the various Trades grabbing a quick bit of fresh air before the stiffling and gruelling day's work ahead.

Ahead in the street, Troi spots Billie and Toad, two street urchins that he had made friends with a week ago, having snapped some impudent Fop across the face with his whip for kicking Toad out of his way for not moving fast enough when told by his 'Betters'. The young (and extremely ugly, if truth be told) Half-Orc was deaf and hadn't heard the man, and when Troi arrived on the scene, the Fop, with a friend looking on and laughing had already kicked poor Toad into a bruised and battered lump, coiled in a foetal position to avoid any more damage. Yes, that man would bear a scar for some time now, and he and his craven friend left quickly, faced with a Man and not some poor half-starved Urchin.

Billie , spotting Troi calls out 'Mister Delmontees, It's me Billie!'
Billie pronounced Troi's last name incorrectly, but the lad had a slight speech impediment, so it was understandable. Toad grunted and grinned, showing his snaggle toothed grin. The Half-Orc had healed for the most part and he looked to Troi as his personnal Hero now, often shadowing him in town to 'make sure that nobody wuz tryin ta sneek up on ya, Mister Delmontees...' Billie said. The boys looked to have something interesting to tell Troi, as Billie was waving him over in a conspiratorial manner...

Last edited:

Arken

Explorer
From the direction of the Red Dragon Felix trots through the crowd towards the group.

"Sorry about turning up a little late, It takes time to look erudite I'll have you know!"

He grins.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
OoC: Hmm... that's what I get for "trying to move the story along". ;)

Thurgan
"Oi? Troi, come on in. It's just me here right now, I've got the fires stoked and getting ready for another day. How are ya doing, t'day?"

"I'm doin' fine, thanks," Troi says, "Was just comin' down to tell ya that we got ourselves a job, headin' out to some vinyard. Missin' shipments, and whatnot, y'know? But they might pay well..."

Billie
"Mister Delmontees, it's me Billie!"

"Can ya hang on for a minute?" He says to Thurgan. "I gotta talk to these kids." He then wanders over to where Billie and Toad are.

"So, what's up today?" He asks them.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Toad immediately takes up his 'Guarding Mister Delmontees' duties, grinning a bit and then getting a steely look to his facem, watching the crowd like a hawk looking for mice.
Billie motions Troi lower and then says 'I told ya me'n Toad 'ud tell ya if there wuz anyfing stange going on in The City. Well, we's just mindin our own bisness, we wusn't steeling or nuthin and I sees these 2 men in cloaks, hoods up'n all like in one o'then Spy stories out of Sembrim's Bookhouse. Sembrim's the nice man whut pays fer stories, anyways...'
The Urchin catches his breath, trying to focus his rather scatter-brained mannerisms, then continues 'I heard one of these men say 'All goes well at the Keep, and in the City?' Then the other man says 'Agents are in place in several positions of Authority, all will be ready when the time draws nigh.I don't know whut he was talkin' about, but I wanted to tell you, cause you wuld know, if anyone does. Toad thought it wuz the best idea too.' Toad nods vigorously at this, though Toad usually nodded at anything Billie said.

OoC: Future Adventure Seed.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"Hmm..." Troi considers what the urchin tells him. "Well, tell ya what. You two keep a lookout for anythin' else odd, an' tell me 'bout it when ya see me. I'm headin' out fer another job, so I won't be around for a while. But when I'm back, bring me up ta speed, alright?"

With that, he nods to the pair, then returns to the door of Drewer's Smithy.

"Sorry 'bout that, Thurgan." Troi says. "Gotta keep their spirits up, y'know? But hey, 'nough 'bout that. We got ourselves a job down at the Red Dragon from Brindle - y'know, that nasty old guy, or whatever? - and it's got somethin' to do with a shipment a somethin' gettin' destroyed." He scratches his head. "I kinda forgot the details. But anyway, chances are there'll be some kind a reward, y'know? So if you want in on the action, or whatnot, you're free to come along... and," He smiles, "I'm pretty sure we could use your skills at some point along the way."

"So whaddya say?"

Remove ads