(Adventure) Trek to the Vinyard...

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:I'll put up a proper map tomorrow afternoon. I work late tonight and I am a bit rushed right now.

IC:Velbrik ties the horses to the hitching-post off to one side of the the porch, then takes up a position to one side of the doorway, while Zoe takes the other side.
Rinaldo has a Listen at the door, hearing nothing inside.
Thurgan checks out the door, finding it unlocked and presumably untrapped as well.

Felix stands back, watching to the sides of the Manor House, hoping that nothing fanged comes loping around a corner...

Troi, with thurgan at his side, opens the door...

Lightning flashes as the door swings open, showing a Foyer perhaps 40' deep and half that as wide. Dark smears stain the floors and walls and the furniture within (a table and several stools) lie broken and thrown haphazardly about. A far door stands open, leading deeper into the Manor House. There are no obvious creatures within the Foyer, though the stains on the floor bring note to the fact that there once were: they are quite obviously blood.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Troi looks at the floor. "Damn." He says, looking around. He slowly and cautiously takes a few steps into the room, testing the floor and whether or not it will creak as he goes, and also attempting to not disturb anything.

"Let's be cautious here, eh?" He says, looking back to the others. "Um... keep together, don't split up. Y'know, all those good things you're supposed to do in an unknown and quite possibly unsafe situation? Those would be good things to do here."

"Unfortunately, we need light..." He pulls forth a torch and lights it. "Yeah, much better."

"Any ideas, people?"

Thels

First Post
Zoe walks a little into the mansion as well, keeping her eyes and senses open. "Well, I say we move about and explore. Whatever was at the door before, I can pick up the aura from, but there might be other... things around that do not have such a present aura. Let us indeed stick together."

OOC: As long as the party is still moving about, Zoe will keep her concentration up on detect evil.

Arken

Explorer
Ensuring that he stays a little behind Troi and Zoe Felix tentatively enters the Estate wrinkling his nose a little at the blood as he goes.

"Let's head for that far door then, everyone go carefully!"

Felix will try to walk as quietly as possible just in case.

Move silently I suppose (untrained) +3, My total bonuses on Spot and Listen are +3

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Thurgan used his darkvision to his best effect searching around the foyer after they entered. Thurgan was mindful of the blood, and only his hearty constitution was keeping anything down. He stepped around the bloodied areas - the current scene almost too far removed from his life as an apprentice blacksmith.

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo starts to look nervous. He whispers

"The light I have seen, I think it was that way." pointing in a direction. "I suggest to start tha way."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Troi - Initiative: +3; AC: 16; HP: 8/8; Weapon: Whip +0, 1d3+1

Troi nods at Rinaldo's suggestion. "Sounds good to me. We'll head up that way, but if we see anythin' else, we should probably stop and take a look."

"Thurgan," He motions to the dwarf. "I dunno if any a these doors'll be locked. I kinda doubt they'd be trapped or anythin', though, y'know? So I'll try each door, and if I can't get in, then I'll ask ya to check it."

He looks to Rinaldo, offering him the torch. "If you could? Can't exactly open the door, holdin' my whip and a torch... I need light, and I ain't gonna let go a the whip."

With that, he moves as quickly and quietly as possible for the door, positioning himself next to it. He then takes a small moment to listen for anything inside, then moves quickly to enter it, heading off to either side of the doorway to allow the others to enter, while taking a quick look around the room.

Move Silently +3, Listen +3, Spot +4, Search +2.

OoC: I have included Troi's current initiative bonus, AC, current and max hit points, and weapon in hand (note that the damage indicated is lethal with the whip; I'll indicate it as nonlethal with an 'nl' after the damage) in the title for easy reference.

Velmont

First Post
Taking the torch from Troi hand.

"I can take the torch, I only have a sword to carry... and if Thurgan need help, I can help him on locks and traps, I'm pretty good at those things. You know, you never know on what merchandise you can fall on..."

OOC: Listen & Spot: +2, Move Silently +2, Search, Disable Device +7, Open Lock +6

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Entering the Foyer, you see that there are 2 side doors set about 20 feet into the room, to either side. Most likely, these lead to waiting or drawing rooms, perhaps a study even. The far door stands agape, leading to a hall or other room further in.

OoC:Gotcha on the damage GW.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Troi - Initiative: +3; AC: 16; HP: 8/8; Weapon: Whip +0, 1d3+1

"Hmm..." Troi muses out loud, leaning against the doorframe of the door through which he entered the foyer. "Well, I think that whatever it is we're dealin' with ain't too bright, y'know? This door was open, and now one a these doors is open... my guess is that if we follow th' open doors, we'll find whatever made the mess up in the front room." He pauses, and smiles. "'course, if whatever we're dealin' with is really bright, it'll have done this just to lure us to where it want's us..."

He shrugs. "Occam's razor, though, I s'pose. Let's get goin'."

With that, he dashes quietly and quickly to the side of the open door, listens intently for a moment to try to determine if anything waits within, then rushes in and gets to one side.

OoC: Which of the two was the far door? Or were there three?

Remove ads