[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge: THB) - Part II

renau1g

First Post
Feall notices (no thanks to River) that there is indeed a hidden door, an escape route likely built into the structure by its original architects, in the alcove that housed the unholy Eye. A rough tunnel descends into darkness.

Activating a light source, the party descends down the passage (closing the secret door behind them), it emerges from the hills within sight of the temple, but far enough to be a safe distance. The previously orderly cultists begin battling with each other, old enemies now free of whatever sway Khyber had over them descend into battle. Others flee the area, anxious to be far from this scene.

You spot your river boat not far and surprisingly unharmed. Glasur waves you over as he appears anxious to leave the area quickly...

"I didn't think I'd see any of you again....hey who's the orc and where'd the armored fella end up?" he asks.

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Scurrying to keep up with the others, Pok's short legs furiously pump, but his feet still quietly pad against the ground. The orc is an enemy of our enemy, and... the gnome looks away from Glasur for a moment, before falling into a tell-tale silence.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Feall notices (no thanks to River)

OOC: Second best rules changes from last year (behind increased monster damage). The Aid Another DC goes up by half level, and if you miss the roll, it actually becomes a -1 penalty. Finally WotC did something correct about Aid Another. AA has been a pain since the 3E days. "Oh, I'm a janitor, can I help you with your brain surgery?" ;)

"Fricking place had no treasure." Sheeva grumbles to herself under her breath.

As she spots Glasur, her spirits rise:

"What ho riverman? Time to go. You don't want those cultists coming over the hill and burning your boat." she smiles. When Glasur mentions Valahad, Sheeva's voice saddens. "Valahad didn't make it. He gave his life for all of us." Sheeva gets onto the boat and heads away from everyone, nearly in tears. She cannot believe that Valahad is gone and she couldn't do anything to stop it.

Velmont

First Post
River stare a moment at the city that fall into chaos. He look for a moment, hoping to see Val somewhere within that chaos, or just him coming to join them, or some light of his God announcing he had gain his way to a better life like Lan. But nothing.

They had succeed, but what a biter success it is. They bring back the corpse of the man they were supposed to save, none of his companion had been found, two good warriors have fallen on the road, and somehow, River feels he has lost something else. His faith have waved more than once like a candle's flame in the wind. He would never be the same anymore.

Arawai, watch over Val.

As he step into the boat, River tells Glasur "Rumbum was prisoner of the cultist. He fought bravely and is a good soul. Let's move on, we are waiting for no one else sadly."

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Just a quick question for everyone, besides KD, are you continuing with your PC's? If so, I have to work out the treasure award, if not, then I can save that time because it won't be necessary. [/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Sure, River will walk the Miracle Worker Paragon Path, and will stay a Pacifist, but with a few damage option (Sacred Flames, Reversal of Fortunes and maybe another one), and that, for the better and the worst.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads