[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge: THB) - Part II

renau1g

First Post
Hearing the remaining sounds of combat to her left, Sheeva moves to that section of the roof and blasts the Herald below "True darkness of this world? Let me show you the true darkness of the next world." Sheeva says from above.

River takes a deep breath. "Thanks Korthauk" He then rush where he still heard some fight. Seeing through the opening Faell bloodied and almost dead, he gives a quick prayer to Arawai and Faell suddenly feels as fresh as after a night of sleep.

Valahad hears Feall's call as the last opponent attempts to escape. The kalashtar moves around the back of the building and sees the tiefling just as it's dark power courses over the drow, and he fades to shadow.

"Light banishes darkness," he calls out in the tieflings mind. His blade glows his holy light as he charges forward, burying it in the side of the tiefling.

Feall takes a moment to drop a couple of shrouds on the bad guy. "Right back atcha, sweetie!" The Drow gathers shadow in the palm of a hand and blows the Herald a kiss. The shadow drifts on the breeze of his breath and wreathes the Heralds face in inky wisps. The tiefling grabs at the wisps as they coalesce into a noose around his neck, the Herald grabs uselessly at the shadows, which just melt and reform around his hands.

"You...may....have killed me...but Khyber will...not...be ...defeated...so...easil...easi...easily.................... he says and with a final cry of agony, a black wave of energy explodes outwards and slams into everyone assembled.

The wave doesn't cause any damage, but you still feel affected by it somehow...

[sblock=ooc]
Feall's attack was enough to finish it off. So take a look at the below stats and let me know if anything's off. Assume a short rest right now and let me know how many surges you are using. Well except the drow...they're both full up.

Feall: 37/37 hp - used 1 surge
Sheeva: 43/43 hp - used 0 surges
Korthauk: 52/65 hp - used 0 surges
Valahad: 49/63 hp - used 0 surges
River: 34/49 hp - used 1 surge

DB12: 52 damage, used Martial Recovery, bloodied, prone, marked (Val)
DB18: 28 damage, marked (Val)
DB23: 64 damage, used Martial Recovery, bloodied, dead
Herald: 82 damage, used Elder Voice, Targeted for Death (Feall), used Infernal Wrath, bloodied

Initiative:

Feall - 22
Enemies - 11
Sheeva - 10 <- you're up
River - 5
Valahad - 5
Korthauk - 9

[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]River have 1 Healing Word left. Is it possible for him to use it on himself before the rest. Valahad and Korthauk both only need there HS Value to be full, River would be 3 hp short, and the HW would do it.

Either he can use it or not, he will spend 1 HS to full himself.[/SBLOCK]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
No problem River. I figured you still had one left just wanted to make sure. So basically it looks like everyone, but Sheeva will have spent 1 surge.

Used Resources:
River - Moment of Glory
Korthauk - Form of Mountain's Thunder
Valahad - Wrath of the Gods
Feall - Targeted for Death & Shadow Soul
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
As the group is resting, a few surviving villagers slowly move towards the village, although by now fires have consumed everything. A young couple stands together, crying, they hold each other up for support. A few young children wander around looking for their parents, but in the end they will not find them. Tiny rivulets of clean lines run down their faces, tears cutting through the dirt and ash clinging to their faces.

You see most of the bodies that are being consumed in the flames are of unarmed men, women, children, almost entirely of human, orc, and half-orc descent.

As the citizens eye you warily, an older woman shuffles towards you, "I thank you for your attempt today, my name is Yrma. It's too bad it won't be changing nothing though. You're just like those others that came through here, two other strangers not four months past. They promised this" she says, gesturing to the damage around you " would all be a distant memory. The cult would be destroyed, purified in the Sliver Flame, but it is our homes who've been consumed in flames and it is our lives here that will be forgotten. You'd do well to just turn around and save yourselves" she says, her eyes misting up as she finishes.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"I have never seen anyone this despairing." Sheeva whispers to River. "Can we really help them for good, or are all of our efforts also doomed to not mean anything?" tears welling up in Sheeva's eyes as well.

Velmont

First Post
"We don't plan to turn around. We are here to find some people who would have come by here. The words you tell us seems to fit with the people we are seeking, but they were more than two, could you please give us more detail about those people you talked about and also anything about that cult that attacked you.

We won't make any promise we can't keep, but we seek to find a way to stop that cult once and for all, but we aware this is no easy task.

But first, I think there might be many wounded among you. My name is River. I am a member of house Jorasco. I'll be happy to help your wounded while we pass here."

renau1g

First Post
"We would appreciate your aide, I am sure there are many who were burned or harmed by those bastards" she says, gesturing to the dead bodies.

"There were only two of them, I'm sure of that. One was a tiefling, cloaked in shadow, and the other claimed he was a knight of the Silver Flame, but he carried only a huge blade and some food supplies. No armor, he claimed the Flame would protect him. I think he was more than a little mad, if you ask me. He was threatening to take on the whole of the cult himself, threatening on his blood to siege their temple single-handedly. Not sure what he was talking about, a temple, but like I said, he looked mad. The cultists? Well, you see them, you fought them, we didn't join their cause and the were making an example of us. " she says, forcing back tears.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Aside

OOC: Don't want to interrupt interaction with the villagers, but needed to get this down while I'm thinking about it.

IC:
Feall takes a moment during the rest to approach River. He speaks quietly to the priest. "Thanks for the 'boost' back there . . . I thought I was a goner for sure. That guy was pretty scary!"

Remove ads