[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge: THB) - Part II

renau1g

First Post
"River's in the river!" Sheeva shouts before blasting the last two visible foes. They grasp their heads before collapsing. Sheeva then flies up out of the darkness and onto the building and disappears over the edge.

Sheeva's darkness vanishes.

River keeps his calm for the moment, but his feet is still stuck in the bottom of the river, and the rough current hinder is attempt to free himself.

Valahad, still dripping, sees the final foe in sight fall prone from the drow's spell. Valahad drops his acid blade, and draws his silver sword, moving toward the final dragonborn. Swinging his blade down at the creature, it manages to roll out of the way. Speaking into it's mind, "Surrender while I give you the chance."

Unfortunately, the dragonborn doesn't hear Valahad's words as his blade finished off the enemy.

Korthauk looks over at the River and after Sheeva's words the goliath rushes over to where River was sent in. He quickly puts his sword away and reaches one strong arm into the water, grabbing the shifter's arm and with a mighty pull helps him break the surface.

[sblock=Korthauk]
1 = help river, 2 = move (1d2=1) well, he'll help River.

Move: to X 11

Minor: Sheathe blade

Standard: Grab River and pull him up. athletics (1d20+12=22) - move to X10 on map[/sblock]

"Where do you think you're going? I'm not done with you yet!"

Feall moves quickly after the departing Herald, casually flicking a couple of shrouds over him as he moves. As he draws near, the young assassin gives a 'come hither' gesture with his black falchion and the Khyber agent feels a terrible tug on his very soul.

Feall will shout "HE'S ON THE RUN OUT THE BACK!"

The Herald teleports away from Feall, leaving a burst of flames in his wake, but River's blessing prevents the fire from doing any damage.

He turns his attentions on the drow, his eyes glowing briefly, and he says "You have got your wish drow, you face me alone and you dare tap into Khyber's power against his Herald? Let me show you the true darkness of this world" he hisses and Feall begins to feel his vitality drained, his very soul bleeding away from him.

[sblock=ooc]
The smoke from the fire creates concealment unless you are west of column 11.

Herald - teleports to M3 - deals 5 0 fire damage to Feall. Minor: Infernal Wrath. Uses Soul Flaying on Feall - vs will; necrotic (1d20+15=32, 4d6+7=21) forgot +5 damage from Infernal Wrath so hits for 21 after resist, dropping Feall

The water is rough, DC 15 athletics check required.

Feall: 6/37 hp - resist 5, +4 to damage until the end of the encounter, insubstantial.
Sheeva: 43/43 hp+5thp - resist 5, +4 to damage until the end of the encounter, on roof of building
Korthauk: 52/65 hp - resist 5, +4 to damage until the end of the encounter, +2 AC; +2 Reflex (from sword)
Valahad: 49/63 hp - resist 5, +4 to damage until the end of the encounter
River: 34/49 hp - resist 5, sustain minor (Moment of Glory), +4 to damage until the end of the encounter. used 1 surge

DB12: 52 damage, used Martial Recovery, bloodied, prone, marked (Val)
DB18: 28 damage, marked (Val)
DB23: 64 damage, used Martial Recovery, bloodied, dead
Herald: 82 damage, used Elder Voice, Targeted for Death (Feall), used Infernal Wrath, bloodied

Initiative:

Feall - 22
Enemies - 11
Sheeva - 10 <- you're up
River - 5
Valahad - 5
Korthauk - 9

[/sblock]

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
As the Herald begins flaying Feall's soul, the young Drow fades from sight; only a ghostly, insubstantial form remains in his place. He sways as part of his soul is ripped from his body, but does not fall.

[sblock=Action]Use Shade Form as Immediate Interrupt. Feall's insubstantial now, so he takes only 10 damage and is still up (with 6 HP left).

DROW RULE, HERALDS DROOL! (Now to beat a hasty retreat . . . :lol:)[/sblock]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Hearing the remaining sounds of combat to her left, Sheeva moves to that section of the roof and blasts the Herald below "True darkness of this world? Let me show you the true darkness of the next world." Sheeva says from above.

[sblock=Actions]
Wow. This guy isn't bloodied yet?

Move: move to L4
Standard: Lightning Strike on Herald

Lightning Strike on Herald vs. Reflex: 25 to hit, 23 lightning damage

Slide Herald to N2.
[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]
Sheeva - Female Drow Sorcerer
Advantageous Conditions: resist 5, 5 temp hit points, +4 damage until end of encounter
Adverse Conditions:
Initiative: +6 Passive Insight: 17 Passive Perception: 12
Senses: Low Light Vision
HP 43/43
Bloodied 21
Surge Value 10; Surges Per-Day 6/6
AC 17 Fortitude 13 Reflex 17 Will 20 Speed 6
Action Points: 1
Second Wind: Not Used

Powers:
At will:
Blazing Starfall
Lightning Strike

Encounter:
Bedeviling Burst
Thundering Gust
Cloud of Darkness
Darkfire

Daily:
Howling Tempest
Deep Shroud
Thunder Leap

Trained: 6 Arcana, 12 Bluff, 7 Insight, 12 Streetwise

Untrained: 6 Acrobatics, 2 Athletics, 7 Diplomacy, 2 Dungeoneering, 2 Endurance, 2 Heal, 1 History, 9 Intimidate, 2 Nature, 2 Perception, 1 Religion, 8 Stealth, 6 Thievery

Feats:
Mark of Storm
Weapon Focus (Light Blades)
Dual Implement Spellcaster

Magic Items:
Stoneskin Cloth Armor +1
Magic Dagger +2
Cloak of Distortion +1
Magic Dagger +1
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
River takes a deep breath. "Thanks Korthauk" He then rush where he still heard some fight. Seeing through the opening Faell bloodied and almost dead, he gives a quick prayer to Arawai and Faell suddenly feels as fresh as after a night of sleep.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Move: Run to Q9
Standard => Minor: Healing Word (3d6+10=26) Add that to his healing surge value and Faell is now full... even some overkill in that roll. He could even roll a saving throw, but no need there.
Minor: Sustain Moment of Glory[/SBLOCK]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valahad hears Feall's call as the last opponent attempts to escape. The kalashtar moves around the back of the building and sees the tiefling just as it's dark power courses over the drow, and he fades to shadow.

"Light banishes darkness," he calls out in the tieflings mind. His blade glows his holy light as he charges forward, burying it in the side of the tiefling.

[sblock=Actions]
Move to R4
Minor: Ardent Vow
Standard: Charge w/virtuous strike and vow: charge with ardent vow virtuous strike wrath of gods (1d20+14=26, 1d8+22=28)Tiefling is subject to my divine sanction and gains vulnurable 3 radiant until the end of my next turn. I gain a +2 to saves until the end of my next turn.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Passive Perception: 17 Passive Insight: 28
HP: 63/63 Surge: 11/11(15)
AC: 24 F: 16 R: 17 W: 19
AP: 1
Valorous Strike
Enfeebling Strike
Ardent Strike***
Valorous Smite
Righteous Smite
Oath of Enmity
Divine Mettle
Bastion of Mental Clarity
Call of Challenge
Acidic Longsword

Majestic Halo
Name of Might
Wrath of the Gods
Dwarven Plate
Acidic Longsword
Githyanki Silver Longsword
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I'll take any suggestions for Korthauk and update tomorrow, for tonight I go and see the A-Team movie! [/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Feall takes a moment to drop a couple of shrouds on the bad guy. "Right back atcha, sweetie!" The Drow gathers shadow in the palm of a hand and blows the Herald a kiss. The shadow drifts on the breeze of his breath and wreathes the Heralds face in inky wisps.

[sblock=Actions]Free: Two Shrouds on the Herald
Standard: Nightmare Shades (1d20+9=22) vs. Will, Damage (2d8+11+2d6.minroll(2)=25)
Minor: Sustain Shade Form
Move: Hide (1d20+14=18) at N4 (behind wall)

Feall is +5 to Perception Checks vs. Herald UEoE, and can Teleport 20 Squares to a square adjacent to him.
When Feall uses Shrouds on Herald he places 2 at a time UEoE.
Herald grants CA to Feall UEMNT.[/sblock]

Remove ads