[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge: THB) - Part II

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
I'm ok with either decision. If we do get someone from the tavern, I would prefer 5 PCs to 6 since 6 sometimes seems to slow everything down in combat.

I have DMed 4 PCs, but have never played in a group with 4 PCs. The challenges might be a lot different and I suspect Sheeva would get her butt handed to her. It might be fun to do so.

4 would also allow the storyline to flow better.
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I don't mind to continue with 4 PC... with only 2 of the original 5 who had been recruited :p I am used to play with 3 or 4 PC with my tabletop group. I even DM actually a group of 2. But with only 1 melee character, and 1 guy who doesn't deal any damage, it might be more challenging I am used to.[/SBLOCK]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Yeah that's my thoughts about the lack of melee as Feall's best as a mobile striker. Valahad's a bit more of a striker-y defender, so combat may be a bit swingy with two other strikers (who should make up for River's damage deficiency). There's not really a lot of melee PC's in the tavern right now I think, the only one that I saw (admitedly only a quick look) is Orsik the Small (MetaVoid) – Level 4 Goliath Runepriest.

Anyways, we can always try it like this and see if anyone comes available if it turns out that you want to add 1 more.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Ok, that's at least 2 of you good with going ahead with 4, and KD mentioned he's ok either way, so after lunch I'll update as it seems like everyone's ready to move ahead [/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Come on everyone, hurry up. Val wants to get going and I don't blame him. The sooner we find these cultists, the sooner I can fry them." Sheeva says passionately. It seems like the villager's plight has struck a chord in her.

renau1g

First Post
As the group is preparing to leave, Korthauk raises a large outwards to stop them, he informs the group that there's no way he can just leave these people to the dangers of the wild without some sort of protection. The goliath says that he hopes to catch up to you, but wishes you luck in case he doesn't.

Meanwhile, Pok also jumps off the boat, saying that this current course of action extends beyond the limits of his original contract with the Silver Flame. He will stay with Korthauk only so far as the nearest city and then will reconnect with House Sivis to determine if there has been an extension or amendment to the contract filed with the proper notarization, in triplicate, before he will continue. Like the goliath though he does add he hopes to join you later, however he also wishes to get word on his relative, Roswyn.

By this point Glasur is even more anxious than Sheeva and he hurries the rest of you onto the boat, taking to the river as quickly as he can.

As the boat moves you can tell he's clearly on edge, and after an hour or so of him glancing back over his shoulder at the fairly thickly forested shoreline he says "When I pulled in before the village, could’ve sworn I saw something moving. No matter, I guess. Can’t follow us through these trees, whatever it was."

EvolutionKB

First Post
The hairs on the back of the kalashtar's neck stand up when Glasur speaks his warning. Hopefully we haven't doomed those people and our friends, he things to himself.

"We should get moving, do you need any help Glasur?"

Remove ads