• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge:TwoHeadsBarking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=River] The Endurance check sucked... so you'll probably lose a healing surge... but the Diplomacy check wasn't bad at all! I would think that your actions would have been streetwise territory rather than diplomacy, however...[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"It's been a time I didn't ride that much. It's seems I have been working too much in the cities since the Last War." tells River.

"I know what you mean. I'm a city girl at heart. Everything out here looks the same. And, I think I'm going to have blisters on my blisters. I won't say where." Sheeva chuckles.

[sblock=My rolls] Endurance 12 and Nature Aid Another 3 Ok, I think I got this invisible castle thing straightened out now[/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Pok feels his head bouncing off the horses neck, and knows he's going to be sore later... Glancing around he is too delirious to even identify where he is, all he can consider is hiding. He should be hiding...

[sblock=OOC]

9 endurance
7 nature aid another

Pok is having mental issues...
[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valahad, slightly behind Lanharath was tired from their pace. His heavy armor fatigued him, but his will was strong. He recognized many signs on their travel: The funny looking grass that the horses weren't supposed to eat. The strange-smelling water that they were not supposed to put in their waterskins. He kept them on course and free from the dangers of the wild.

[sblock=ooc]Endurance: 10 Nature: 24 endurance, nature (1d20=10, 1d20+6=24) [/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I was re-reading all of our posts and I got to our last battle and maaaan... that mage-death that Pok dished out STILL gives me the creeps! Way to describe a death, R1!! *shiver, shiver* [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Lanharath turns his attention back to the road, trying to find a path to the next town. The salty breeze coming from the Barren Sea keeps Lanharath cool, and seems to make him forget the previous tensions in the party, allowing him to concentrate on his task at hand. The avenger manages to avoid the worst of strain on his body with the rough ride, and his keen eyes pick up some telltales signs of footprints leading from a small farm just on the edge of the horizon.

River stop in at the farms to make sure they are still on the good road, despite the man's initial misgivings about the appearance of the shifter, River manages to convince him to put down the sickle and talk. He confirms that they appear to be on the right track and sends him on his way with a fresh loaf of bread that his wife made and some milk. The trip seems tiresome to the Shifter.

"It's been a time I didn't ride that much. It's seems I have been working too much in the cities since the Last War." tells River.

"I know what you mean. I'm a city girl at heart. Everything out here looks the same. And, I think I'm going to have blisters on my blisters. I won't say where." Sheeva chuckles.

Pok feels his head bouncing off the horses neck, and knows he's going to be sore later... Glancing around he is too delirious to even identify where he is, all he can consider is hiding. He should be hiding...

Valahad, slightly behind Lanharath was tired from their pace. His heavy armor fatigued him, but his will was strong. He recognized many signs on their travel: The funny looking grass that the horses weren't supposed to eat. The strange-smelling water that they were not supposed to put in their waterskins. He kept them on course and free from the dangers of the wild.

[sblock=ooc] I was re-reading all of our posts and I got to our last battle and maaaan... that mage-death that Pok dished out STILL gives me the creeps! Way to describe a death, R1!! *shiver, shiver* [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Yeah, Pok's a bad@$$, remind me never to mess with him. I had just watched Kill Bill the night before so it was fresh in my mind...
[/sblock]

The group manages to find their way to the town of Ringbriar, although the sun is beginning to set. The intermittent trails you follow eventually join a faint track. Ahead, scrubland gives way to fields dotted with farmhouses. However, even before you reach the village, you feel the eyes on you. Through shuttered windows, the villagers watch your approach with dark suspicion.

[sblock=OOC]
Skill Challenge: Locate the Black March

12 successes before 6 failures: 3 successes, 1 failure

Current Options:
Perception (can be used once), Streetwise, Diplomacy (Can be used once, a success on diplomacy yields a +2 on next perception/streetwise for group). Also, you can make a Heal check on those who failed their endurance checks as part of the challenge. A success will remove their penalty for the next day, but generates no successes.

Day 1 Results:
Lan - Endurance pass; Perception pass
River - Endurance Fail; Diplomacy pass
Sheeva - Endurance Fail; Aid Another Fail
Pok - Endurance Fail; Aid Another Fail
Valahad - Endurance Fail; Nature Success

Result of the failures for Endurance is that the next ones will have a higher DC for those that failed.
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

Yup, Renau1g that was beautifully written! I can't give you XP until I "spread some more around" but it's one of my favorite scene's since I've been playing.

If we had a Peanut Gallery for LEB, I'd place it there.

[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Munching on some of the fine bread that the farmers wife was kind enough to give the party, Lanharath closes his eyes and feels refreshed by the breeze, and this puts him in a jovial mood. He even looks back at the group and smiles.

"This has been a good trip, so far. Thank you for keeping us on the straight and narrow, Valahad. There are many natural dangers that one may see, but not know are dangerous if one is not knowledgeable enough." Lanharath chuckles out loud.

"We may be able to notice just about everything we look upon, but that doesn't mean we understand it!"

As Lanharath enters the town, he thinks about how effective his telepathic abilities were in finding the ship they sailed on. Thinking to use the same tactic, Lanharath greets the eyes watching him.

"Greetings and good day, people of Ringbriar! Do any of you know which path would be best to take if we were headed to the Black Marsh?"

"Listening" in for clues as to the proper path, Lanharath tries to absorb all of the random mental images at once and tries to piece that with what he sees in the surrounding landscape.

[sblock=Actions]
Endurance 21 and Perception 26 [/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
During a moment of rest, the shifter takes a concoction of his own kind. It smells like a corpse left in a swamp during fifteen days, but it gives a boost of energy, at the condition your stomach can endure it, which River have gotten use during the Last War. Watching over heavily wounded soldiers allow no rest.

He then look at Valahad. "You should leave that shield on your horse. I know in case of an ambush, it will take more time to grab it, but carrying it on your back to be ready to take is tiresome, even if you don't walk. Here, drink that, it will help you." and offer him the same mixture he did for himself.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Endurence, Heal on Valahad (1d20+4=24, 1d20+15=17) Natural 20 for Endurence and only a 2 on the Heal. I hope it's enough.

I suggest that Valahad roll first a Diplomacy to helps Sheeva Streetwise check.

Also, if Valahad follow River suggestion, he would no have the shield penalty on Endurence check.[/SBLOCK]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Greetings and good day, people of Ringbriar! Do any of you know which path would be best to take if we were headed to the Black Marsh?"

"Way to be subtle Lan. You need to ingratiate yourself with the locals before just blurting out what you want. You handle the watching, I'll handle the talking. While you're at it, see if you can spot a tavern, inn, or store. We'll get much better responses there than yelling at people through their windows." Sheeva whispers.

In a louder voice (Sheeva yells at people through their windows):

"Excuse me gentle folk. Do you happen to have a tavern where we might water our horses and remove the dryness from our throats?"

[sblock=Rolls]
Endurance 16 followed by Streetwise 32 to find a tavern or other business local/inn/store, followed by Streetwise 17 once we find a few people willing to talk to locate the Black Marsh [/sblock]

To the rest of the group:

"We might need to stay here a day or two to let ourselves and the horses rest if they have accommodations. I know that my clothes need cleaning."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads