• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge:TwoHeadsBarking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalidrev

First Post
Lanharath smirks at the obviously uninformed Drow.

"Heh, she doesn't know how we work, does she Pok? It wouldn't be wise for us to let her know about our ability to read surface thoughts... so we'll just let her think we don't know what we're doing...we're in town now, come ride with me. I could use the good company."

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
Well, just as an FYI, renau1g might be allowing you to have ESP, but your Telepathy and your Telepathic Sensitivity do not give you that.

Telepathy gains thoughts only if the other person decides to communicate back and Telepathic Sensitivity only gives a bonus to Perception vs. Stealth, it does not communicate any actual thoughts.

But if renau1g is giving you a bonus to Insight and Streetwise and other skills, that's his option. Your character though does not actually have this level of power, so I'm confused as to why you are roleplaying it that way.
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=Karinsdad]

The fluff is that Lanharath can "hear" "stray" thoughts, so a strong minded individual could stop this from happening (like your PC, Sheeva would be immune, as she is purposefully guarding her mind).

I've been roleplaying that Pok is not immune, due to his level of neurosis.

The fluffy ability is explained as a unique exception trained into Lanharath.

There is no mechanical advantage... No plusses to checks.

[/sblock]

Pok rides forward, pulling up near Lanharath, and projects his thoughts to his kalashtar ally. *Speaking of which, I have some relatives I'd like you to meet eventually. *

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Yeah, I'm not ruling it as ESP or anything, but in this case the Perception check was to possibly overhear whispered conversations amongst the towns folk that can easily be re-flavoured to "hearing" as in Lan's case.

P.S. KD, great roll with Streetwise. Most difficult check and you made it,
[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valahad looks at River. "It is important to stay vigilant. You are correct though, my arm is getting tired. I'll put the shield away." The paladin straps the shield to his back. Valahad takes the skin from the shifter and grimaces, cringing at it's bitter taste. Passing the skin to Pok, he says in his mind, "It will help with your fatigue, according to River." Seeing the tenseness in the gnome's shoulders, he continues to speak, "I know you feel vulnurable, but I have a something that will help you relax and focus on staying rested during the journey. Think of something pleasant, like your sister, and repeat a comforting mantra in your head. Eventually your mood will change, and you'll feel better."

[sblock=ooc]I'll hold off on the diplomacy right now. Just a heal on Pok.
heal (1d20+11=24)
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Pok looks at the conconction wearily, he nods, *I'll pass on the brew, but I'll use the coping mechanism. Would it be prudent to do the next leg of the journey at night?* Pok sends a similar message to Lanharath, *Shall we travel under the cover of darkness from here?*

renau1g

First Post
Munching on some of the fine bread that the farmers wife was kind enough to give the party, Lanharath closes his eyes and feels refreshed by the breeze, and this puts him in a jovial mood. He even looks back at the group and smiles.

"This has been a good trip, so far. Thank you for keeping us on the straight and narrow, Valahad. There are many natural dangers that one may see, but not know are dangerous if one is not knowledgeable enough." Lanharath chuckles out loud.

"We may be able to notice just about everything we look upon, but that doesn't mean we understand it!"

As Lanharath enters the town, he thinks about how effective his telepathic abilities were in finding the ship they sailed on. Thinking to use the same tactic, Lanharath greets the eyes watching him.

"Greetings and good day, people of Ringbriar! Do any of you know which path would be best to take if we were headed to the Black Marsh?"

"Listening" in for clues as to the proper path, Lanharath tries to absorb all of the random mental images at once and tries to piece that with what he sees in the surrounding landscape.

[sblock=Lanharath]
You "hear" the following surface thoughts from a pair of villagers discussing something near you. "Same as a group a few months ago" "Tried to warn the last ones" "Nothing west but cults" "That one guy was smiling after we warned 'em"
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
I don't need endurance checks yet, but will use the rolls for the next leg of the journey.
[/sblock]

During a moment of rest, the shifter takes a concoction of his own kind. It smells like a corpse left in a swamp during fifteen days, but it gives a boost of energy, at the condition your stomach can endure it, which River have gotten use during the Last War. Watching over heavily wounded soldiers allow no rest.

He then look at Valahad. "You should leave that shield on your horse. I know in case of an ambush, it will take more time to grab it, but carrying it on your back to be ready to take is tiresome, even if you don't walk. Here, drink that, it will help you." and offer him the same mixture he did for himself.

"Way to be subtle Lan. You need to ingratiate yourself with the locals before just blurting out what you want. You handle the watching, I'll handle the talking. While you're at it, see if you can spot a tavern, inn, or store. We'll get much better responses there than yelling at people through their windows." Sheeva whispers.

In a louder voice (Sheeva yells at people through their windows):

"Excuse me gentle folk. Do you happen to have a tavern where we might water our horses and remove the dryness from our throats?"

"Ain't no tavern here" one calls back, coming from behind his door, beckoning you closer, he draws you in close

[sblock=Sheeva]
"Let me guess, looking fer Jaryn? Yer the second drow this week looking fer him. Folk here ain't likely ta talk much ta ya, cuz they're afraid of the cult, tell ya what, if ya don't mind the smell, yer friends can stay in my barn, only cost ya a gold piece each. If them's agree-able to ya, I'll tell ya more over dinner" the man says, missing more teeth than he has, but he seems harmless
[/sblock]

To the rest of the group:

"We might need to stay here a day or two to let ourselves and the horses rest if they have accommodations. I know that my clothes need cleaning."

Valahad looks at River. "It is important to stay vigilant. You are correct though, my arm is getting tired. I'll put the shield away." The paladin straps the shield to his back. Valahad takes the skin from the shifter and grimaces, cringing at it's bitter taste. Passing the skin to Pok, he says in his mind, "It will help with your fatigue, according to River." Seeing the tenseness in the gnome's shoulders, he continues to speak, "I know you feel vulnurable, but I have a something that will help you relax and focus on staying rested during the journey. Think of something pleasant, like your sister, and repeat a comforting mantra in your head. Eventually your mood will change, and you'll feel better."

[sblock=OOC]
Skill Challenge: Locate the Black March

12 successes before 6 failures: 5 successes, 1 failure

Current Options:
Perception (can be used once), Streetwise, Diplomacy (Can be used once, a success on diplomacy yields a +2 on next perception/streetwise for group). Also, you can make a Heal check on those who failed their endurance checks as part of the challenge. A success will remove their penalty for the next day, but generates no successes.

Day 1 Results:
Lan - Perception succeeds
River - Heal succeeds (Just barely)
Sheeva - Streetwise succeeds
Pok - ?
Valahad - Heal succeeds

Only Sheeva will have the penalty on next check.
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Skill Check Question] R1: When you say Perception/Diplomacy (can be used once)... are you saying during that leg of the skill challenge, or just in that round? [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Just once this leg. Please hold off for a moment until KD get a chance to post. You've most likely "picked" this villiage clean, except for one thing she has.
[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads