Adventurers Found! Sea's Righteous Might Leaving Soon!

silentspace

First Post
Ven Stormfang
Male Human Ranger 1/Barbarian 1
Height 6'0"
Weight 170 lb.

Str 16 (10 pts)
Dex 14 (6 pts)
Con 14 (6 pts)
Int 10 (2 pts)
Wis 14 (6 pts)
Cha 10 (2 pts)

HP: 23
Init: +2
Speed: 40 ft
AC: 16 (+2 Dex), Touch 12, Flat-footed 14
BAB: +2
Grp: +5
Atk: +6 melee (2d6+4/19-20, greatsword) or +4 ranged (1d8+3, composite longbow)
Fort: +6
Ref: +4
Will: +2

Racial Abilities: As Human

Class Abilities: Track, Favored Enemy (Human), Wild empathy, Fast movement,

rage 1/day

Feats:
Power Attack (Human)
Track (Ranger)
Cleave (L1)

Skills: (6+1)x4 + (4+1) = 33
Handle Animal +5 [5 ranks, +0 Cha]
Hide +5 [4 ranks, +2 Dex, -1 acp]
Jump +6 [0 ranks, +3 Str, +4 speed, -1 acp]
Listen +7 [5 ranks, +2 Wis]
Move Silently +5 [4 ranks, +2 Dex, -1 acp]
Ride +3 [1 ranks, +2 Dex]
Search +4 [4 ranks]
Spot +6 [4 ranks, +2 Wis]
Survival +7 [5 ranks, +2 Wis]
Swim +3 [1 ranks, +3 Str, -1 acp]

Languages: Common

Possessions:
masterwork greatsword [350 gp, 8 lb]
morningstar [8 gp, 6 lb]
composite longbow (+3 Str) [400 gp, 3 lb]
arrows (20) [1 gp, 3 lb]
javelin [1 gp, 2 lb]
masterwork chainshirt [250 gp, 25 lb]
heavy wooden shield (on back) [7 gp, 10 lb]
belt pouch [1 gp, 0.5 lb]
waterskin [1 gp, 4 lb]
rations [1 gp, 1 lb]
bedroll [1 sp, 5 lb]
sack [1 sp, 0.5 lb]
flint and steel [1 gp, - lb]
5 pp, 8 gp, 8 sp [1 lb]

Total: 69 lb (76/153/230)

"Rufus"
riding dog [150 gp]
leather barding [20 gp, 15 lb]
With barding, Rufus has AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16

Background and Description: 6' tall and solidly built, Ven has deep reddish skin, and is almost completely bald, save for a topknot of long black hair. Son of Chief Magosa Stormfang, Ven is the last survivor of the Griffon Claw Clan, slain by a rival tribe of marauding barbarians. Knocked out and left for dead, Ven came to hours later in a pile of his dead kin. The only other survivor was Rufus, a fighting dog belonging to one of the tribe's warriors. Ven has sworn an oath to avenge his tribe, but Ven will need to increase his combat prowess first. With Rufus by his side, Ven has fled to civilized lands.

Last edited:

reddist

First Post
Thanks for the quick responses! Here's the list of applicants so far...

Animus
Scout989
Jodjod
Mavnn (PC submitted)
Harvey
SilentSpace (Stats submitted)

And thanks to Wyrmslayer for the interest AND for being responsible about time restraints.

So that's SIX. If you guys can all get PC sheets to me, I'll close the open call. Alternates are still welcome, of course.

reddist

First Post
silentspace said:
I'd like to take a roll for my 2nd level hp please.

Go ahead... I'll trust y'all to make most of your die rolls as needed and be honest about it. We can also talk about what rolls we think I should make, and what rolls you'd like to make, just for the sake of keeping the game moving.

Harvey

First Post
Wyrmslayer said:
Sorry, but I can't join this game anymore due to time constraint.

After I finished up my fighter, now I can go cleric? *sigh* Which one to choose... guess I'll have to submit both.

Harvey

First Post
hey reddist,

Am finished my fighter except for background. I would like for him to have been the veteran of a recent war. Can you fill me in on if this is a possibility? If not, then I am thinking he might have served his conscripture and has decided that his interests lie more in adventure than combat.

reddist

First Post
Harvey said:
hey reddist,

Am finished my fighter except for background. I would like for him to have been the veteran of a recent war. Can you fill me in on if this is a possibility? If not, then I am thinking he might have served his conscripture and has decided that his interests lie more in adventure than combat.

You've a number of options then... there have been ongoing skirmishes between Orc Hordes and the Caldessan militia along the borderlands (WAY east of where we'll start play), and these low-level engagements have been going on for nearly a decade. Or, and possibly related, the second son of every family is required to serve time in the militia, though volunteers are of course accepted. Your first stint is three years, with an option to renew for another three, and if you complete THAT, you have the option to go "career" and begin your officer training. However, if a conscript completes his first three he can simply walk away, no questions asked. Most of these conscripts serve in the Border skirmishes, though there are many who serve elsewhere in Caldessan lands, either along borders with other nations or within, mostly protecting rural areas from wandering monsters. Deserters are frowned upon, but no one spends a lot of energy chasing them down.

Captain NeMo

First Post
Heres the concept for my guy, will have the rest done soon:

Taklinn Strakheln, a apprentice armoursmith and wizard of the southern mountains, is a young and small man by dwarven standards. He is a little under 4ft and has a fine dwarven frame that (despite being healthy) is obviously not that of a warriors. He has brown eyes and fiery red hair which is quite curly and a short beard which looks like a tangled mess, although he has appeared to have at least tried to comb it. His usual attire is that of thin, baggy checkered breeches, a flimsy shirt tucked in tightly to his trousers and a leather apron of some sort. He is a wizard of some considerable power and was taught by the mage's guild from his home city. The guild intermingled the normally un-dwarven art of magic into more traditional dwarven values, however, and so the majority of Taklinn's powers are based around fire and earth (representing the dwarven forges) and spells to bolster the power of wepaons. Aside from advancement as a mage, Taklinn wishes to learn to craft magical items and arms to rival the master's of his home.

Last edited:

Remove ads