Adventurers Found! Sea's Righteous Might Leaving Soon!

scout989

First Post
Jodjod, I guess it's you who's playing the wizard. Write me at the address I already gave, let's get together as to which spells we should use to complement each other.

Harvey

First Post
I will go with the cleric then. I'm a big fan of them, and it looks like we have more than enough heavy hitters in the group. Let me give some thought on her background, and I will post it tomorrow (or later tonight if I'm ambitious).

reddist

First Post
Okay! I've started the official Game Thread, with some intro material for Swift Rock Bay, Iggy Glenfannon, and the ship, The Sea's Righteous Might.

Here's where you guys can see about getting your PCs together. If you planned on applying for the "Explorer's Wanted" jobs, assume your name is one of the names Iggy reads off and add 50gp to your sheet as your signing bonus. If you plan to get aboard by some other method, here's the time to work that out.

Iggy is giving you about 1.5 days to get your things together. Feel free to spend it carousing about town, doing some last minute shopping, or having a meal with your new fellow employees ('m going to go back and edit in one of the more popular dockside dining establishments). Whatever you do, be sure to make role call at dawn on the second day... neither the Cartographer's Guild nor Captain Kestor much like those who take thier money and run, and both have long arms...

Here's where you can trade your stories and get to know each other. Enjoy!

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=127178

Last edited:

Harvey

First Post
Before posting IC, I wanted to finalize my character. So, voila!

Code:
Name: Marisa Calathar
Class: Cleric of Wee Jas
Race: Human
Size: Medium
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Level: 2

STR  16 (+3) (10 pts)
DEX  12 (+1) (4 pts)
CON  10 (+0) (2 pts)
INT  12 (+1) (4 pts)
WIS  14 (+2) (6 pts)
CHA  14 (+2) (6 pts)

HP: 14
AC: 19 = 10 +1 (dex) +6 (armor) +2 (shield)
   Flat-Footed: 18
   Touch: 11
INIT: +1
BAB: +1 (Melee +4, Ranged +2)

Fort:  +3 = +3 (base) +0 (ability)
Ref:   +0 = +0 (base) +1 (ability)
Will:  +5 = +3 (base) +2 (ability)

Weapons:
Masterwork Morningstar     +5 atk   1d8+3   x2 on 20
Dagger                     +4 atk   1d4+3   x2 on 19-20

Armor:
Masterwork Banded Mail          +6 AC    +1 Max Dex   -5 AC Penalty
Masterwork Hvy Wooden Shield    +2 AC                 -1 AC Penalty

Languages: Common, Draconic

Abilities:
-- Command or Rebuke Undead 9x/day, turning check d20+3, turning damage 2d6+4
-- Death Touch 2d6, 1/day
-- Arcane Caster Level at 1/2 Cleric Level

Feats:
-- Extra Turning
-- Improved Turning

Skill Points: 20               Max Ranks: 5/2.5
Skills:             Total  Ability  Ranks  Misc
-- Concentration    +5     +0       +5
-- Heal             +9     +2       +5     +2 (w/ healer's kit) 
-- KS (Religion)    +6     +1       +5
-- Spellcraft       +6     +1       +5

Spells Known: 4/3+1
Spells Typically Memorized: 0th- Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Light, Read Magic; 1st- Bless,
Cause Fear*, Comprehend Languages, Shield of Faith

*Domain Spell. Domains: Death, Magic

Starting Gold: 1200 gp
-- Masterwork Banded Mail        35.0 lb     400 gp
-- Masterwork Hvy Wooden Shield  10.0 lb     157 gp
-- Masterwork Morningstar         6.0 lb     308 gp
-- Dagger                         1.0 lb       2 gp
-- Healer's Kit                   1.0 lb      50 gp
-- Holy Symbol, Wood              ------       1 gp
-- 2 Potions of CLW               ------     100 gp
-- Backpack                       2.0 lb       2 gp
-- Bedroll                        5.0 lb       1 sp
-- Flint and Steel                ------       1 gp
-- Pouch, Belt                    0.5 lb       1 gp
-- Rations (5 days)               5.0 lb      25 sp
-- Traveler's Outfit              5.0 lb       ----
-- Waterskin                      4.0 lb       1 gp

Total Weight: 74.5 lb
Total Money: 171 gp, 4 sp

Max Weight:  76 light   153 medium   230 heavy

Height:5' 10"
Weight: 145 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Red

Appearance:
Marisa carries a mysterious beauty about her. Her long, flowing hair frames her piercing blue eyes. Her eyes always carry a curious sparkle, belying her curious nature. Marisa carries herself well, standing tall amongst her compatriots. She is equipped with banded mail armor, with the holy symbol of Wee Jas on a necklace around her neck. She carries a heavy, wooden shield, engraved with the symbol of Wee Jas on the front. Strapped to the right side of her belt is her favored weapon: an intricately designed morningstar. Tan form-fitting breeches and black leather workboots round out her attire. Carried in a belt strap is her dagger, which carries the holy words of Wee Jas and appears to be ceremonial in nature.

Personality:
Marisa is an extremely curious sort, especially in the fields of divine magic and death. From early on, Marisa has viewed death as neither a "good" or "evil" thing, but a reality that must be accepted and can ven be utilized as a benefit. She often speaks of death as some sort of "puzzle" which can be solved. While some have been put off by her views, she nevertheless enjoys talking about them to her compatriots. She has an open soul, yet does not carry around the naivete that one might except of a novice cleric. On the battlefield, she has a fire in her eyes, and will stand side-by-side with her allies. She seems to nor fear death, and will often interpose herself between her comrades and their fates.

Background:
Marisa's background is a mystery. She speaks very little of her time before her travels. All she will say is that, three years ago, she left her home to travel the world and learn more about death. Some have surmised that she must have witnessed the death of someone close to entertain her passion; while others believe she is alost soul looking for some true rest. Her travels have brought her through some more unusual locales, where her abilities as a cleric and healer have helped many a party. Currently, her travels have brought her to Swift Rock Bay, where she is looking for another caravan or sailing ship to continue her travels.

Last edited:

reddist

First Post
Doh! I did when I stopped the "open recruitment" Damn.... and I was wondering if I said something to frighten everybody away. I guessed I assumed subscriptions would follow the new name.

That was pretty dumb. I'll send PMs to the other guys and see if they can find it.

Thanks for noticing!

-Reddist

Animus

Explorer
reddist,

With my left over gold from before and from the bonus (total 131gp), i'd like to use some of it (100gp) to get a masterwork lute, spend a lot (10gp) on food, spend more (10gp) on an "I'm an idiot please forgive me" gift, and be left with about 11 gp. This would fit my character.

reddist

First Post
Ha! From previous... disagreements, you've learned Kaelin likes dainty glass trinkets... she has several shelves full of colorful glass animals, flowers, and globes in her room. Ten gold can get you a good one, and you know just the craftsman. His shop is uptown, in one of the nicer merchant districts.

Remove ads