Adventures Across Khorvaire - Chapter 1: Reflections

Shayuri

First Post
"Kamarana thinks there's something familiar about his posture," Tome reports, dusting his peculiar three-fingered hands against each other. "I didn't see it though. There's no sign of forced entry, not much evidence of struggling or fighting, and the only window is that arrow slit. That doesn't rule out teleportation or similar magicks though."

He pauses, registering the paladin's words.

"Work on what topic, if I may?"

Shayuri

First Post
"Not directly," he admits. "Not as such. Not yet. Certain basic facts about the planes are part of any magical coursework, but in depth knowledge...we'd need to ask another student or faculty member. Or use the library."

nick012000

First Post
Karmarna blinks at that.

"Huh. The writing on his arm was about a celestial convergence, and those are often linked to planar convergences as well. Hey, Tome, could you help me go through this guy's notes? We might find something helpful in them."

With that, Karmarna begins examining the desk for notes.

"We should probably get one of my more distant relatives to examine these stones, as well, if possible; I am a member of House Tharashk, after all, if a minor one."

Heh. Dad's going to get a kick out of this once he hears about it.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"It seems as if something metal bit this man on the calf. Take a look at this shard, it's peculiar. Perhaps a trap... or something else with metal teeth. The slash wound is from a long blade, probably a sword, but the puncture wound could be from a creature. Perhaps someone with a sword accompanied by a besitial companion? With a penchant for trapmaking or other tinkering? That should help narrow down the list a bit," Se'ket says calmly, her voice as calm as if she were delievering a lecture.

Velmont

First Post
Saellin takes one of the stones and take a closer look. "So you are not familiar with those... things. I doubt it is a stone. It's feels like flesh." He put the sample he has taken in his pocket. "5a King's Circle on Seccuran, someone knows where it is?"

Starman

Adventurer
Drigg snorts. "I doubt any dragon gives a 'saur tail what some student is researching at the university. As for that address, I haven't been around long enough to know where much is at. I'm sure we can get directions, though."

Leaning against a wall, the paladin gets another thought. "Do we know if he has any family. Someone needs to inform them."

pathfinderq1

First Post
Sven had been mostly staying out of the room, both dealing with the other students in the hall and keeping an eye out for any official response- but he poked his head inside the chamber for a minute to see how things were going. "Even if we're going to be looking into this mess, we can leave dealing with his relatives to the University- they'll have the records for any contacts, and they're used to handling things like this. You wouldn't believe how many student researchers don't come back from some dig or another..."

Mista Collins

First Post
Saellin looks at the stones a bit closer. He swears that if it weren't for the texture of them reminding him of flesh, he would put money on it coming from a mirror. He has never seen anything like this.

Holding out the metal shard she found in the leg of Delvron, the small druid presents it to the others to examine it further. No one has any clue what that shard might belong to, except for Tome. It appears it might be a fragment of a metal tooth, and given the size and location of the bite mark, she is certain it probably came from the maw of an iron defender; a specialized dog-like homunculus designed for combat.

As Kamarna starts looking for any notes that might help determine what point Delvron was trying to get across by carving "Aryth in Tiamat they come" into his own flesh, the group suddenly hears a voice come from down the hallway.

"Move aside! Move aside!" A woman's voice resonates with authority and irritation, as she pushes through the crowd. As the students part for the woman, Sven is the first to notice who it is, and would rather see The Keeper himself. Matron Marta is a large and formidable woman who is as humorless as she is strict, and as wound tight as the blond bun at the back of her head. She is known for her stern discipline, impatience and her tendency to use spells to impose her will or keep order within the dormitories.

As the woman in charge of all the domestic affairs of this portion of Grea Tower, Sven has dealt with her on numerous occasions as she has supervised some of his custodial duties. Annoyed, the stout woman moves past Sven and into the room. She looks sternly at the body, and then to adventurers, while straightening her deep green robes with white-knuckled fists. "What in Xoriat is going on in here?"

Remove ads