Adventures Across Khorvaire - Chapter 1: Reflections

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"A man killed by a powerful spell, with an enemy strong enough to send an iron defender against him, on the eve of a conjuction, that gave him the impetus to carve a message into his own flesh is rather unprecedented in a school. There was someone who wished Gaunt dead, and when his first attack with sword and iron defender failed, sent a coward's fear magic from afar to slay him. There is a desperate and powerful person at large here. It is possible that others at this university could come to harm from this, if it is suspected that they knew what Gaunt knew.

"Since we six have already marked ourselves for death for interfering with Gaunt's body, it seems the fates have already decreed us to be the ones to find his killer," Se'ket says, her beetle-black eyes shiny as she regards the Matron with a precise tilt to her head.

Velmont

First Post
"Death for interference... great!" whispers to himself Saellin who listen to the others and would wish to be out of that room actually. The last thing he wanted is to have all the eyes on him, or at least the one of the Matron, which is even worst for him.

Mista Collins

First Post
"Excellent. It seems that you have this well in hand, so I shall task you to find how and by what Delvron Gaunt found his end." Matron Marta says as her posture changes slightly. Her hands are no longer white knuckles from her clenched fists. If it weren't for her voice remaining stern and commanding, one would guess she might be slightly satisfied. "I also task you to assume any assignment or assignments that Gaunt was currently working on. Go to the Chamber of Messengers, and find out what those may be from Patron Helcondate. I believe he was the patron overseeing Delvron's assignments. I'll make sure to go through what records we have on file for Mr. Gaunt and contact his family. I'll also have the body properly taken care of."

Before the adventurer's have a chance to protest the work they have just been given, Matron Marta storms out of the room and can already be heard barking orders and commands at anyone who encounters her. This leaves the group alone to decide how they want to do this or if they even want to put forth the effort.

Starman

Adventurer
Drigg shrugs and grins. "Well, that takes care of that." Looking back at Delvron's body, though, sobers him. This is why I became a paladin, to help those who could not help themselves.

"I'll go see this Patron Helcondate if someone who knows more about 'planar convergences' wants to come with me," he says.

nick012000

First Post
"Maybe we want to wait until after the lecture though; if we hurry, we won't be that late!" Kamarna remarks, as he heads to the door. "I really wanted to hear this guy's talk."

nick012000

First Post
Kamarna sighs.

"Why? It's not like deadie's going anwhere. I suppose whoever killed him might have gone after his research, though, so I suppose we should check to make sure it hasn't been ransacked."

Starman

Adventurer
A flash of anger passes across the paladin's face. "He's not a 'deadie.' His name is Delvron Gaunt and he was murdered. If you don't want to help bring his killer to justice, fine. No one is making you do anything."

nick012000

First Post
"Okay, okay. I get it. I'm not leaving; I was just being flippant. Mostly. I think it'd be more accurate to say his name was Delvron Gaunt, though."

Velmont

First Post
"Great! Just as I had not enough work..." Saellin walks outside the room, but turn around. "Tome, you might want to find what creature have a mirror like skin and some metal like teeth. For my part, I'll try to see what the people in this campus know about Gaunt." Saellin stare a moment at the others to see if they have something interesting to tell. "We might meet later today, at a fixed time and place."

OOC: Seallin Gather Information is +8. He will be searching for Gaunt lives, reputation and last known activities.

Remove ads