DDAL Adventuring League is adapting Radiant Citadel for Forgotten Realms Campaign & creating a CR Campaign

In the sense of they are all part of the same multiverse, but in more specific terms they aren't going to have you wondering around the Ethereal Plane searching for the Radiant Citadel, it means that some region or even a few regions of FR, say Waterdeep and/or Chult ends up a Founder Civilization rediscovered so that you can hop aboard a Crystal there to take a trip to the Radiant Citadel.
There are built in permanent connections to many planes, including FR, and whatever others the DM decides. You are not expected to find it by "wandering about the Ethereal plane".

Parmandur

Book-Friend
They leave the possiblity open, the possiblity of rediscovered founder civilizations, but that's it, AL will have to make a concrete choices as to what FR nations are Founder Civilizations for Radiant Citadel. Maybe Waterdeep, Chult, and Phlan for example. Or just Waterdeep.
They already said the book would have information to tie to the Forgotten Realms, Eberron, etc.

There are built in permanent connections to many planes, including FR, and whatever others the DM decides. You are not expected to find it by "wandering about the Ethereal plane".

I know, but that is kept vague,hypothetical and inactive in the book itself, AL will have choose what those connections are for FR and activate them.

They already said the book would have information to tie to the Forgotten Realms, Eberron, etc.

I knew that they have what a large number of "lost" founder civilizations, and indicate that those can be from any civilizations you choose, such as home brew, FR locations, Eberron, etc..., but did they actually say some of these civilizations have actual lore, none hypothetical connections to RC?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I knew that they have what a large number of "lost" founder civilizations, and indicate that those can be from any civilizations you choose, such as home brew, FR locations, Eberron, etc..., but did they actually say some of these civilizations have actual lore, none hypothetical connections to RC?
They said they would have guidance, and there are 12 slots, more than enough to allow a "canon" option for most WotC Settings and leave hooks for Homebrew...

I expect only 1 slot for the FR, and I'm going to predict Phabdelver ends up being a founder location.

Remove ads