• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

After Earth - Episode II - Beyond Colonial Space.

Shayuri

First Post
Mel shrugs and hops off her barstool. "Alright, well, no new jobs and a hold full of metal someone wants to give us money for. I don't see reason to sit around drinking. I'm thinking...ship now. Anyone else?"

Rhun

First Post
"By all means, lead on Mel." Damon stands and stretches. He offers the pilot a wink. "I'll keep an eye on your six."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Solly's been sipping his drink quietly, watching the back-and-forth with amusement. He puts down what's left in his glass and stands up to join Mel, a disturbing contrast in heights.

"I believe I may as well get started," he says with a grin. He glances sideways at Steve. "What's this about a virus? Anything that, as ship's doctor, I should know about?" The question is addressed to the group in general.

Shayuri

First Post
Mel smirks at Damon. "Keep an eye on your own six," she says with some humor, then starts walking towards the door. Halfway there she looks accusingly at Damon and moves her hands down to cover her rear end with twin 'flipping the bird' gestures...though her impish grin somewhat spoils the effect.

Then she's gone, heading for the ship to do preflight.

Rhun

First Post
Damon smiles at Mel's antics, and then turns to face Gaetanna as she speaks. "You've got about enough space for a duffle bag or two under your bunk...besides that, we're pretty cramped." He moves to leave the bar, waving at the new crew members. "Come on...I'll show you the Greed."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"As long as you don't put your trash in the engines room..." Cnosos says, absent-mindedly. "I should take some care to the engines, they are running slugish, and consuming lots of fuel... Damon, wait for me to take a look at those data."

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Gaetanna frowned as she followed. "Only a dufflle bag or two? It looks like I'll have to tell my attendant to open by my bags so I can select the essentials before we take off. Fortunately,if need be, I could always buy a new wardrobe whenever we reach port.""

((Heh heh.. I'd love to see Mel's face when she see an attendant wit ha cart full of luggage in the hanger :p ))

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Steve waved you goodbyes as you left the bar and ordered a new drink...

Solly had been on a freightship before and the Greed didn't seem too bad for one. It didn't leak radiation and the engines looked good. A closer inspection revealed that they looked better than good actually. Definetly not made in the colonies, but rather with older more reliable eguipment. It was better than The Chimera, his previous assignment, at least.

Gaetanna wasn't as easily impressed. Compared to the passenger ships and her family's private crafts, this rusty bucket of bolts was horrible. Maybe her grandfather wanted her to learn some humility while she was away... Well, at least it didn't look like it'd explode immediatily.

Pierce had seen the Greed already a couple times as Damon had shown him around. It was a ship, intended to keep the air inside. Nothing impressive.

After sorting out the essentials, Gaetanna packed a small bag under her cryo-unit and joined the others on the bridge. Mel was good ways through the pre-flight and Damon had opened up a larger map showing more of the space beyond the human influence.

Meanwhile, in the engineroom the chatty droid tried to catch Cnosos' attention, which was pretty much occupied with preflight checks. "You know meatbag, I have been reviewing your ship's systems. They are unoptimised and inefficient. Why haven't you done anything about it?"

[sblock=OOC]Hehee... I've a feeling that the droid is becoming an annoying pet-NPC until you get it home :p... Constantly bickering about the inferiority of organic life :D... Well, at least it's tied to the ship unless Cnosos builds it a new frame...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Gaetanna stopped in her tracks as she saw the Greed. "That derelict's our ship?!? I hope we don't need to call a tug.." She laughed then quickly quieted down after seeing stern look of displeasure on Cnosos's face*. "Sorry..." She glanced down for a moment and sighed. Like it or not, she knew that if she didn't board willingly, then her grandfather would have no problem in forcing her to board.

After stowing her belongings, Gaetanna sat on her cryo-bed then synced her computer-card to the colony's system and sent a brief message to everyone she knew. "It looks like Grampa Vincent is serious. I hope I won't be gone too long. Good bye." Resigning herself to fate, she stopped the message and began to cry.

Moments later she joined everyone on the bridge.

* I'm assuming that most engineers would not like having his or her ship called a derelict, and as such, Gaetanna's comment would be taken as a grave insult.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads