After Temple of Elemental Evil what modual should follow?

MrHemlocks

Banned
Banned
My 1e World of Greyhawk campaign will soon be starting and I, along with the rest of the group, am happy for it!

The first series of adventures will come from Temple of Elemental Evil. With the village of Hommet included with this adventure the players will have a home base of operations for further adventures. What would be a good choice for the next adventure. I am not sure if there is something that follows Temple of Elemental Evil. If not than I need a 1e adventure that fits into The World of Greyhawk.

One of my favorite campaigns I ever played in, and indeed the campaign one of my favorite characters played in (whose name I use for my 'nym) began with ToEE. We moved from that to the compilation Scourge of the Slavelords, then moved on to Queen of Spiders. He was the only PC to survive the entire series.

Bullgrit

Adventurer
After completing The Temple of Elemental Evil, the PCs will probably be about 8th level. Too high for Scourge of the Slavelords, (a terrible super module, by the way), but perfect for going into Against the Giants/Queen of the Spiders.

Bullgrit

delericho

Legend
IIRC, the AD&D super-super-module I heard about back in the day was T1-4, A1-4, GDQ1-7. However, I've never played or run any of these, so can't say how well that actually works.

Prism

Explorer
Another option would be to go S4 and WG4 for an Elder Elemental Eye/Tharizdun continuation even though the originals didn't connect these two entities

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
I usually try to introduce
Thrommel
into the character's path at some point.

T1, start the temple, shift to A1-4 (with adjustments), finish T1-4, then GDQ.

Maybe toss in C2 Ghost Tower of Inverness, I7 Baltron's Beacon and WG4 at Maure Castle to break up the slog at the Temple (before the Nodes) and introduce NPCs, backstory, and factions.

WG5 Isle of the Ape or the second edition WGR6 City of Skulls are also possible follow-up adventures.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
IIRC, the AD&D super-super-module I heard about back in the day was T1-4, A1-4, GDQ1-7. However, I've never played or run any of these, so can't say how well that actually works.

I don't think it works. T1-4 drags on far too long and takes you to too high a level for the beginning of the much more interesting A series. If you severely edited T1-4 by cutting out the stupid-shaped level and the elemental nodes and reworked the relationships between the elemental factions so things made sense, then you might be able to make it work going from T to A to GDQ.

Celestian

Explorer
Really depends on the level of the players. If they are high level because they explored most of ToEE then I would probably start G1-3. If you got the new S1-4 reprint they suggest that S4 and then WG4 should follow ToEE.

Remove ads