• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Against the Flumpfs

Quickleaf

Legend
A group of jellyfish is a 'fluther' so...

Flumphs of a Fluther Fly Together? ;) One flumph has left the flumph sanctuary to seek adventure. Concerned about what has befallen their kin, the rest of the Flumphs go searching the land for the runaway. One of the PCs happens to bump into the runaway flumph (or perhaps is cushioned from a fall *without* killing the flumph), and the flumph asks to join their adventuring party. Later, when the rest of the Flumphs come looking, the runaway hides and wants the PCs to lie that it was never there. Pleading that a lone flumph is extremely vulnerable, the Flumphs offer to hire the PCs to find their missing kin. If they don't turn the PCs don't turn the runaway in right then, it will offer to be their henchman/apprentice adventurer.

caudor

Adventurer
Lord Baron has been writing bad letters to the empire. Unknown to the PCs, he is really a flumph. Can the PCs unravel the mystery before it is too late.

the Jester

Legend
A powerful good wizard with a tribe of flumph allies creates a dungeon within which he and the flumphs begin imprisoning a variety of powerful beings. While they are in there, the wizard dies of a heart attack, and the hapless flumphs are sealed inside with the monsters, forced to try to survive until adventurers break in to the dungeon.

Henry

Autoexreginated
The grell/flumpfh thing could be interesting...

Grell could be what happens to Flumph during their version of the Pon Farr.

Grell could be Tulpa created from the collective subconscious of the Flumpfh

Grell and Flumpfh could have been created when some being divided another creature into its good and evil sides...

Three rules when encountering Flumphs:
Flumph.JPG

1) Keep it away from bright light,
2) Don't get any water on it, and
3) Never, never ever feed it after midnight.

grell.jpg

Last edited:

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Don't lie: you're seeing it like this, aren't you? :D

"Now, if everything goes according to my plan..."

*giggle*

"Yesssssss?"

"Forive me, m'lord, but you have a...ummmm..."

"YES, I KNOW I have a flumpfh on my ass! Ignore it!"

*giggle*

I don't believe I didn't know that video.

And I fear my poor Rakshasa from one of my Ebberron games will have a little problem now.

ccooke

Adventurer
Three rules when encountering Flumphs:
Flumph.JPG

1) Keep it away from bright light,
2) Don't get any water on it, and
3) Never, never ever feed it after midnight.

grell.jpg

An entire floating city of flumphs, drifting gradually across the landscape.
A new drug, "mist", distilled from the most powerful emotions of other sentients - fear, anger, lust, love, happiness.
A flumph who takes some mist becomes darker, heavier... more physically imposing. Eventually, the flumph takes too much, and it becomes a Grell. Sinking through the city as it bulks up, it becomes obsessed with mortal emotions and the need to revel in them. It seeks out sentient creatures to torment and kill, soaking up their emotion until eventually it is sated. It falls into a glutted sleep...
While it sleeps, the mist cartel move in. They take the grell back up to the floating city, where they connect magical devices to draw off and purify the emotions it has experienced into a new batch of mist.
The flumph wakes up in the city with a bad hangover, a gap in its memory and a burning need for more mist.

Remove ads