Against the Shadows VII - A Faded Glory Story Hour (Re-Updated - 5/17)

What Do You Like Best About This Story Hour?

• The Campaign World

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • The Characters

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • The Multitude of Plot Lines

• The Narrative/Action

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • The Whole Package!

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Nothing! It Sucks!

Quickbeam

Explorer
Nothing like characters with amusing, well-played personality quirks and phobias, eh Old One? My current PC is a compulsive liar, but not in a bad way -- he just can't help embellishing stories or adding exaggerated details. It's gotten to the point that whenever he opens his mouth, the other party members shudder...except for the paladin who frequently tries to cut him off before his stories cause too much damage or confusion :D.

And once again, congrats on the good news!! Now I'll get to return the favor, and ask you numerous questions about your lack of sleep and free time ;).

Old One

First Post
Thanks!

Corey II said:
My response to Old One’s most excellent soon-to-have-baby news. Re-posted here at his request:

And lo, the Rat Bastard DM will be laid low by a child in swaddling clothes. His scheming will be interrupted by squalling. His maps will be vomited upon. His dice will be consumed.

Yea, even his vaunted familiar- The Table of Elemental Evil- will be reduced to a mere changing station, shrouded in a layer of half-digested formula.

Thus speaks the sorcerer, Quintus, whose experience, both in RL and Faded Glory, ensures the truth of these predictions.

Congrats buddy,
Corey

BTW- will trade advice for xp or denarri.

Additional prediction- His fine clothes, made of player-hide, will bear small, white milk-burp stains on each shoulder. (You parents out there know what I’m talking about.)

Corey -

If Quintus can find a way to trade "baby advice" for XP...I am sure he will!

Thanks for reposting!

~ Old One

Lela

First Post
Re: Thanks!

Old One said:

Corey -

If Quintus can find a way to trade "baby advice" for XP...I am sure he will!

Thanks for reposting!

~ Old One

He might settle for access to the Extra Familiar or Improved Familiar feats. :D

Old One

First Post
Mr. Smith Doesn't Come to Washington?

WSmith said:
I am glad Faded Glory is back in action.

No word on moving, yet.

WSmith -

Thanks for droppin' in!

Strangely, I was just about to inquire about this in another thread...still no word yet?

~ Old One

Old One

First Post
Love the Quirky Characters...

Quickbeam said:
Nothing like characters with amusing, well-played personality quirks and phobias, eh Old One? My current PC is a compulsive liar, but not in a bad way -- he just can't help embellishing stories or adding exaggerated details. It's gotten to the point that whenever he opens his mouth, the other party members shudder...except for the paladin who frequently tries to cut him off before his stories cause too much damage or confusion :D.

And once again, congrats on the good news!! Now I'll get to return the favor, and ask you numerous questions about your lack of sleep and free time ;).

A couple of fun quirks are starting to reveal themselves in the FG crew...

I am sure that I will be lamenting both of the above in 8-9 months!

~ Old One

Old One

First Post
Update Coming...

Greetings All!

I should have the next update available sometime tomorrow AM.

Also, I am compiling the entire SH for posting in the new hosted area. Along those lines...I have never zipped anything to send...any recommendations? Yeah, I know, my computer ignorance is showing once again!

~ Old One

PS - I also have Acrobat...should I do it as a .pdf file?

Last edited:

Lela

First Post
Re: Update Coming...

Old One said:

I am compiling the entire SH for posting in the new hosted area. Along those lines...I have never zipped anything to send...any recommendations?

~ Old One

Pray.

Old One

First Post
Whadda Ya Think?

Greetings All!

Along with half of the EN Board posters...I am thinking of submitting the Faded Glory setting to WOTC. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

~ Old One

Remove ads