Against the Shadows VII - A Faded Glory Story Hour (Re-Updated - 5/17)

What Do You Like Best About This Story Hour?

• The Campaign World

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • The Characters

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • The Multitude of Plot Lines

• The Narrative/Action

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • The Whole Package!

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Nothing! It Sucks!

Old One

First Post
Hah!

Broccli_Head said:
Alright!!

A Post to end the old year!

Who's Batman? ;)

Broc,

Are you psychic? I was just over perusing you SH and you drop by and post...

Well...Batman is the older, wiser tougher superhero and...oh, wait...wrong genre :p!

Have a great New Year's!

~ Old One

Tortoise

First Post
The actual exchange between the party and acting Bishop Patroclian was far from cordial and polite. It started well, but ended with angry disagreement about the Berylian Edicts, the proscritption of the religious beliefs of Rowan and Cragen, and the view of The Light by each side in the discussion.

There was plenty of discussion about how the last time the shadow made a move the first thing it did was to try to dismember the church and here it is happening again.

It was at this point that Rowan began to really come to grips with his place and faith in the grand scheme of things. More would happen on their way back north to help cement his sense of rightness and to broaden his view of reality. (Not giving any spoilers so you'll have to wait and see.)

Rowan's new mantra is something along the lines of Corellon and Moradin being a part of the body of Osirian and it being foolish for the church to insist on the god cutting off his own hands.

"Who's the heretic, the supporter of a whole god or those insisting on amputation?"

Rowan left Oar angrier and wiser than he entered the city. The visit did nothing for his temper, but did plenty for his closeness to his faith.

"Bishop of the Light indeed ... more like a blindfolded fool on the dge of a cliff."

Old One

First Post
Actually...

Broccli_Head said:
Who's Batman? ;)

Kind of a funny story (at least I think it is funny). About 20 years ago, while I was attending a well-known military school just north of NYC, I went to London on Spring Break with my British History class (that's right, no thongs and body shots for me...just studious school work). We were hosted for 2 evenings at the British Military Academy at Sandhurst and my roommate and I were assigned our very own "batman"...he shined our shoes, brought us tea, told us the best pubs to visit...he was an all-round good chap.

I remember mentioning to my companion that I could get used to treatment like that...ahh...the benefits of stratified society ;)!

~ Old One

Old One

First Post
Damn...

Tortoise said:
The actual exchange between the party and acting Bishop Patroclian was far from cordial and polite. It started well, but ended with angry disagreement about the Berylian Edicts, the proscritption of the religious beliefs of Rowan and Cragen, and the view of The Light by each side in the discussion.

There was plenty of discussion about how the last time the shadow made a move the first thing it did was to try to dismember the church and here it is happening again.

It was at this point that Rowan began to really come to grips with his place and faith in the grand scheme of things. More would happen on their way back north to help cement his sense of rightness and to broaden his view of reality. (Not giving any spoilers so you'll have to wait and see.)

Rowan's new mantra is something along the lines of Corellon and Moradin being a part of the body of Osirian and it being foolish for the church to insist on the god cutting off his own hands.

"Who's the heretic, the supporter of a whole god or those insisting on amputation?"

Rowan left Oar angrier and wiser than he entered the city. The visit did nothing for his temper, but did plenty for his closeness to his faith.

"Bishop of the Light indeed ... more like a blindfolded fool on the dge of a cliff."

Hey Rowan!

Clearly I am going to have to start "vetting" my SH posts :p! Part of the problem is the only time I get a chance to write is during slow times at work and all my notes are at home...bleah!

Now that you remind me...that was a very heated conversation at the end of the dinner...makes for a much more dramatic entry than mine...I think I will edit it :D!

NOTE: Major Edit in the middle of the most recent post!

~ Old One

Last edited:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Old One said:
“He is up to something,” offered Sextus as they departed.

Ya' think? ;)

I know it isn't always easy to find time to write, Old One. But after two and a half years of reading your stuff, I still think after every new update, "Man! I cannot WAIT for the next one!!" It ain't gettin' stale, that's for sure!

Old One

First Post
Thanks!

Rel said:
Ya' think? ;)

I know it isn't always easy to find time to write, Old One. But after two and a half years of reading your stuff, I still think after every new update, "Man! I cannot WAIT for the next one!!" It ain't gettin' stale, that's for sure!

Rel,

I appreciate that...

Back in the beginning, we were playing more regularly and I was writing much more often. Now, it is difficult to find the time, but I don't want the SH to get too far behind...I would never get caught up ;)!

I just need to get a camouflaged binder to keep all my notes it!

~ Old One

Tortoise

First Post
Hey Old One,

Any time I can help with the details or at least some of the color I'll lend my assistance. It's a nifty story, we don't want to deprive the readers of the fun.

:D

Besides, I like reading back over it all too. I need to sit down and go over it from the beginning to refresh on some plot strings we're just now getting to.

Old One

First Post
Tortoise said:
Hey Old One,

Any time I can help with the details or at least some of the color I'll lend my assistance. It's a nifty story, we don't want to deprive the readers of the fun.

:D

Besides, I like reading back over it all too. I need to sit down and go over it from the beginning to refresh on some plot strings we're just now getting to.

Tortoise,

At least one of my players is keeping me honest...50 bonus xp for Rowan!

~ Old One

Old One

First Post
Updates!

Greetings All!

Check the 1st page of the thread for MAJOR UPDATES ...

I have updated the intro, the Plots Section and the Dramatis Personae section with major updates. Let me know what you think and how you like the new color scheme...

Thanks in advance,

~ Old One

Remove ads