• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Shadows VII - A Faded Glory Story Hour (Re-Updated - 5/17)

What Do You Like Best About This Story Hour?

• The Campaign World

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • The Characters

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • The Multitude of Plot Lines

• The Narrative/Action

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • The Whole Package!

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Nothing! It Sucks!

Old One

First Post
Wow...

jwdh71 said:
I have just finished reading AtS VII, and I had to let you know that it is my favorite SH, bar none. The characters are great, you are tremendously evil as a DM, and the plots (and sideplots) are terrific. I would love to see the Faded Glory world in print, or at least as a website, it sounds like a very interesting place to run in.
It is inspiring me to carefully document my next campaign, for a SH of my own, which hopefully will be 1/10 as good as yours.

jwdh71,

Thanks mucho! Even though I am a giant slacker and haven't posted in 2 months ;)! Glad you liked it...I will have a website up at some point, although seeing Faded Glory in official print is a bit of a stretch :p!

For the rest of the gang..."Babywatch" continues...Mrs. Old One has essentially been on bedrest for the last couple of weeks, so I have been pulling double-duty plus :p! I hope to get back to some kind of posting schedule after 12/15 or so...

CYA soonest!

~ Old One

Lela

First Post
Graywolf-ELM said:
Wow, haven't seen lela bumping threads that I watch for some time now. Have you been offline, or just not posting here?

GW
Mostly offline. Had to move into an appartment and have been conserving money (i.e. no internet access at home). Combine that with chaos at school and in my personal life, I haven't had much time for the internet.

However, now that finals are coming strong, I decided to bring back some of the things that make life worth living (hadn't noticed I'd stopped doing them). These boards are one of those things.

So, back to the endless bumping of story hours that keeps me happy! ;)

Old One

First Post
Update...

Greetings Gang,

Grabbing a chance to make a quick post while I have a moment or two :p...

Baby #2 is arriving early Tuesday (12/14) AM, unless Ms. Old One decides to get the party started earlier. This is a scheduled C-section, so we are pretty sure ;).

I will be taking some significant time off from work...I have a couple of weeks of vacation saved, plus my day job provides 4 weeks of parental leave, so I will be "at home" from 12/14 through the end of January. I hope to make major strides in getting this long-suffering SH caught up.

Of course, that is assuming that I don't get totally engrossed in Green Ronin's new Black Company Campaign Book :p!

I will post a picture or two of the new arrival once I have some...

I hope everyone is having a good holiday season...don't eat too much fruitcake!

~ Old One

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Old One said:
I will be taking some significant time off from work...I have a couple of weeks of vacation saved, plus my day job provides 4 weeks of parental leave, so I will be "at home" from 12/14 through the end of January. I hope to make major strides in getting this long-suffering SH caught up.

I will of course be thrilled if you are able to make that happen, Old One, but I don't want to miss out on the remainder of your Story Hour because your wife killed you for not giving her and the kids (including the super-high-maintenance newborn) enough attention. Perhaps they taught you in the Army how to get by on zero sleep and that will get you through with no problems.

But I (for one) won't be put out if you use your holiday time to just be a husband and dad.

If Story Hour also gets posted then I will of course be giddy and I may squeal. ;)

EDIT: And by the way, does anybody have any idea what happened to Darklone? I see he hasn't been here since the end of October! I hope he's taking one of those European-Style extended vacations instead of having been killed by the shock of me updating my story hour every day for a week a while back.

Last edited:

Old One

First Post
Rel said:
I will of course be thrilled if you are able to make that happen, Old One, but I don't want to miss out on the remainder of your Story Hour because your wife killed you for not giving her and the kids (including the super-high-maintenance newborn) enough attention. Perhaps they taught you in the Army how to get by on zero sleep and that will get you through with no problems.

But I (for one) won't be put out if you use your holiday time to just be a husband and dad.

If Story Hour also gets posted then I will of course be giddy and I may squeal. ;)

Rel,

Thanks for the kind thoughts! I am finding that my days of functioning on minimal sleep might be starting to slip away :p! At 42, it isn't as easy as it was a couple of years ago - when I could literally get by on 4 hours a night for extended periods of time. I need at least 5 hours a night these days ;)!

We will have some down time...our son is in daycare 3x per week...so I should have some time on days I am not wrangling him, changing newborn diapers, boiling bottles, etc...we shall see!

~ Old One

Last edited:

willpax

First Post
You and your wife have my prayers that all will go well this week, Old One. I've been busy with work most of the fall, but I've tried to keep up with this story hour.

It sounds like you will have plenty to keep you busy. I certainly don't miss those days of intense sleep deprivation. . .

Old One

First Post
Willpax!

willpax said:
You and your wife have my prayers that all will go well this week, Old One. I've been busy with work most of the fall, but I've tried to keep up with this story hour.

It sounds like you will have plenty to keep you busy. I certainly don't miss those days of intense sleep deprivation. . .

Willpax, my friend! Long time, no see (not that there has been anything worth seeing for awhile :p! ;)!)

How have ya been? Thanks for dropping by with your kind thoughts...I am sure I will be able to stumble to the keyboard for an update at some point ;)!

~ Oldie

pogre

Legend
Old One said:
We will have some down time...our son is in daycare 3x per week...so I should have some time on days I am not wrangling him, changing newborn diapers, boiling bottles, etc...we shall see!

~ Old One

:lol:

oops! did I laugh out loud?

no, no, I'm sure you will have LOTS of free time with that new baby...

Just wait 'til you have three - like Destan and me ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads