• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Shadows VII - A Faded Glory Story Hour (Re-Updated - 5/17)

What Do You Like Best About This Story Hour?

• The Campaign World

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • The Characters

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • The Multitude of Plot Lines

• The Narrative/Action

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • The Whole Package!

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Nothing! It Sucks!

Old One

First Post
Gratuitous Slacker Bump...

Greeting Gang,

Overtaken by that pesky RL once again...I just finished my 5th of 6th trips this week...bleah. Hope to be back on the keyboard next week.

~ OO

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Hey Golden Oldie!

Have you got a collected doc or pdf file of the entire story hour from the beginning?

I want to read the whole thing again and printing it out seems like the best bet.

Old One

First Post
Errr...

nemmerle said:
Hey Golden Oldie!

Have you got a collected doc or pdf file of the entire story hour from the beginning?

I want to read the whole thing again and printing it out seems like the best bet.

Nemm,

Thanks for stopping in! The answer is "sorta"...

I have gone back and pulled installments from about 2/3 of the SH and pasted them into one word document. The plan was to .pdf it and make it available for all to read. Unforunately, that is on my growing "to do" pile. Since you have prodded me a bit...perhaps I can dust that off and make it happen.

~ Oldie

Old One

First Post
willpax said:
Intense, freaky stuff!

I found myself mumuring (in my DM voice), "make a sanity roll"...

What fun!

Willpax,

Thanks for stoppin' in! If I had had Grim Tales back when I ran this...sanity checks would most definitely been required ;)!

~ OO

Old One

First Post
Both...

Lela said:
Old One,

Was that door only openable by undead the whole time or was Cregen just having issues with his dice?

Lela,

Thanks for stoppin' in...long time, no see (of course, if I updated more ;)). Actually, both. Cragen had to roll a very high turn check to properly channel holy energy and overcome the negative energy "door lock". He has extra turning x2 and was burning through turns quickly with lovely rolls of 2, 3, 5 and the like :p!

Essentially, Garrick just hung around in the background until someone remembered him...but they could have sent him through to get it open without wasting any turning energy. That said, if Cragen had rolled decently, it wouldn't of been an issue...but hey, they ARE my players!

~ OO

Old One

First Post
Blast from the Past!

Greetings Gang!

Welcome to my GM's Day Mystery Update...

Sorry...not a REAL update...but I am trying something out (and hope it works). Attached please find a .pdf from Faded Glory - The Early Years. It contains a bit of background and the first couple of sessions in a bookmarked .pdf document.

A number of people have commented in this and other threads that they would love to dive into Faded Glory...but the sheer number of posts intimidates them, so I thought I would give this a try.

I know there are a couple of typos...but this is the first "official" .pdf I have created from scratch. Let me know what you think!

~ Old One

Attachments

• Beginnings and Chapters 1-5.pdf
    213.9 KB · Views: 395
Last edited:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Nicely done! I like the pictures, background and particularly the "box text" for GM commentary. Top notch job!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads