Age of W... (Spoilers galore! Players beware!)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*decides to give your PCs some helpful advice*

Also consider the fact they might have to actually gather ALL the parts of the Rod of Seven Parts or even find/get the Crook of Rao to help banish Kyuss and his minions back. While I can understand Midnight in Greyhawk, there's still some time left before Kyuss ascends the panetheon. Plus there's always the chance Vecna might object to being treated this way.

Henrix

Explorer
I don't mean a full-blown Midnight Oerth, rather a small-scale version with the domain of Greyhawk in disarray and under siege by their own undead-infested capital.

And vertainly Vecna'll start to get interested. I figure there is some lag time in communications before the gods get moving, though. Their worshipers have to take the first decisions on what to do. And some of them will want to take over Greyhawk for their own purposes, or maybe even cooperate for a share!
First off I plan to include a Hextorite animus (from Ivids Great Kingdom) who the players heard about in an earlier campaign - he's pissed at Kyuss abusing Hextorites in the Ebon Triad.

Steel_Wind

Legend
I did all this work planning out what would happen if the wights were unleashed because when the PCs IMC attacked Bozal - they killed him so fast with two orbs of force that he did not have time to release the Ulgurstasta. He died too fast, you see.

So the Ulgurstasta lost a few hits from the end of the ritual but was otherwise charging up out of the arena sand and reared up during the final bout. Not unexpectedly - but just because they were expecting it didn't help the PCs much.

As it turned out - as the battle unfolded - my PCs were 1 second away from doom for the City of Greyhawk. The PC Psychic Warrior stepped - touched an unconscious Auric lying in the Ulgurstasta' mouth and dimensioned doored him out of the maw of doom. (If Auric had not been unconscious - Auric's Will roll probably would have prevented the dimension door from working).

So - it was that close. Auric would have been swallowed on the Ulgurstasta's next initiative and it was 20k wights time.

As you can see above - I was prepared for that eventuality though - so I wasn't sweating it :)

Henrix

Explorer
Steel_Wind said:
As it turned out - as the battle unfolded - my PCs were The PC Psychic Warrior stepped - touched an unconscious Auric lying in the Ulgurstasta' mouth and dimensioned doored him out of the maw of doom. (If Auric had not been unconscious - Auric's Will roll probably would have prevented the dimension door from working).

That is about exactly what happened in my campaign, except that no PC helped poor Auric. Come to think of it he has a bit of a grudge going against the PCs, again. They had basically gotten over their differences (they came to blows in the first adventure) during their stay in the coenoby, but now.... :]

Remove ads