Age of Worms (Act I All Quiet on the Western Front)

Ozmar

First Post
Heironeous teaches us that Rats are the very manifestation of evil itself.

Plus, they're icky.

Ozmar the Squeamish

Verbatim

Explorer
Ozmar: Once you guys decide if/how you are getting everyone to the temple at the garrison let me know. I am going to break for lunch soon, but should be back available around 1400ish.

Ozmar

First Post
hippocrachus said:
Apollo is the god of Plague.
We'd have a difference of opinions on the issue of slaughtering innocent ratlings...

Are you serious? :)

Apollo seems to be the god of a lot of things... and to have a lot of titles, judging by your character's internal monologue. ;)

Ozmar the Rat-Bane

unleashed

First Post
Chryse is a little holier than thou isn't he...that's why Orin didn't listen to him earlier. ;)

Verbatim: Could you give us a current weather report on the storm...I know it was starting to ease earlier, but has it slackened enough for us to get back to town without hazard?

hippocrachus

First Post
Apollo is the god of Plague (Pestilence), Light, Music, Colonization, Shepherding, Prophecy, Healing, and Archery.

He does have a lot of titles, doesn't he :D
Funny thing is, I haven't even used half...

I'm not going so much for "holier than thou" as I am "holy and proud."
You're not below him, but if you don't show an interest in his deity (his life), than he sorta considers you a lost cause.
Doesn't mean he won't preach his dogma at any opportunity however :D

unleashed

First Post
Well he has so many titles because he comes from a much smaller pantheon than the Greyhawk deities of which there are over 70 if the lesser known deities are counted (the ones not in the PHB).

That's a very fine distinction in the first place, but claiming his deity influences every action when there are so many deities who are known to influence certain areas leads more to the first impression rather than the second...especially when he's preaching to the two most religious characters in the party (a ranger and a paladin who both have deities) about an outsider god. :)

BTW - Orin doesn't mention a light, he just grabs whatever they (he and Shadow) were using when they first went down into the cellar. ;)

hippocrachus

First Post
Apollo is the only god from the Olympic Pantheon on Greyhawk, true, but he comes from a Pantheon that has an innumerable amount of gods and goddesses.
Everyone only ever hears about Zeus and Hades and maybe Athene, but I assure you, there are a lot more.
I'm just going from our own history here, not D&D's... Apollo really was an important god to the ancient Greeks.

If Orin chooses to keep his actions secret, so be it :p

Remove ads