Age of Worms (Act I All Quiet on the Western Front)

Verbatim

Explorer
I am glad you guys are talking in both IC and OOC, and the little part by me was just giving you guys a peek into how I was handling having a non-standard god in the Greyhawk world.

If it involves having him walking with you to the Lodge, I can't wait...:)

I think all of you guys are going to have an interesting next couple of days...

unleashed

First Post
I'd imagine you could find most gods in most worlds, just the levels of their followings would vary...which they obviously do here...so if we kill Chryse we never have to hear about Apollo again...hmm, let me think about that. :lol:

Verbatim

Explorer
Saterus: Didn't see you on before I made the gem comment..please feel free to edit that post anyway you would like and I will erase the one I made.

Just for the record, Samuel rolled a 18 on his Appraisal on the quartz and I had him take 20 on the necklace as I felt it was something he would have studied more before speaking. Again, I hope I didn't overstep myself...

Final Edit: Here is the value of the gems to the best of Samuel's knowledge

Rose Quartz (x1): 45-50gp
Blue Quartz (x3) 7-10gp
Obsidian Necklace 180-200gp

Now who to sell them to, is up to you. Just remember the only thing that travels faster than bad news in Diamond Lake is the news that someone suddenly has coin in their pocket. That one is a freebie from the DM, as Diamond Lake is what it is and you are all aware of that fact.

I will now return to my background and let you all have center stage once more...

Last edited:

Saterus

First Post
Hey, no, it's fine. It's what I was planning to do. The minute I read about finding the box, I was hoping there would be a something inside which lent an opportunity to show them my mercantile skills. It worked out great and you played me wonderfully. Thankyou.

unleashed

First Post
BTW - They fixed appraise in 3.5, a successful check gives you the correct amount, while a failure give you a vague idea for common items and no idea for anything rarer.

If you want to vary the results anyway that's fine, just though I'd give you a heads up. :)

Verbatim

Explorer
No problem, and if you want to throw in a more "you" post, please do so. Afterall, I don't know what your wishes are on either going to the garrison, staying here at the office until the others return, going with Orin to drop off the ratlings, or anything else.

I just want to say again that I will free form this game as much or as little as everyone wants to do. I know that at the "heart" stage 1 is going through the Whispering Cairn, but in alot of ways the town of Diamond Lake is just as dangerous an encounter as any you will find, regardless of your level, and perhaps even more dangerous as you all get more powerful.

In the end, it is your guys' game and I just want everyone to have fun and go where you feel the winds are taking you all. Either as a group, or as a person.

Verbatim

Explorer
unleashed said:
BTW - They fixed appraise in 3.5, a successful check gives you the correct amount, while a failure give you a vague idea for common items and no idea for anything rarer.

If you want to vary the results anyway that's fine, just though I'd give you a heads up. :)

I gave the floating value as his way of knowing what the "top and bottom" price of the item would be. While if someone was willing to pay it, you may get "top" gp for an item, if the person is not all that interested in it, you might get "bottom". All in all, it will depend on the merchant and to a degree who does the selling.

Just another spin I am putting on things..:)

Remove ads