Ahsoka - SPOILERS

pukunui

Legend
I know it’s probably not the way it was first written but I kinda hope they don’t replace Baylon. Maybe they find him dead when they get to whatever that Eye of Sauron peak is in the distance. He found his goal and died in peace.

If they do get a new actor, he’s got some serious shoes to fill.
Yeah, that might be one way to do it. He does unleashing whatever it is, and then Ahsoka and Sabine have to clean up the mess while simultaneously dealing with Shin and her bandits. Meanwhile, Hera, Chopper, and Ezra team up to fight Thrawn and the Nightsisters. Maybe we'll even get to see Zeb again. (I get that he's an expensive piece of CGI so they'll want to keep his appearances to a minimum but still ...)

Zardnaar

Legend
Yeah, that might be one way to do it. He does unleashing whatever it is, and then Ahsoka and Sabine have to clean up the mess while simultaneously dealing with Shin and her bandits. Meanwhile, Hera, Chopper, and Ezra team up to fight Thrawn and the Nightsisters. Maybe we'll even get to see Zeb again. (I get that he's an expensive piece of CGI so they'll want to keep his appearances to a minimum but still ...)

Zeb was my least favorite character. Still liked him. Chopper and Sabine probably at the top

pukunui

Legend
Zeb was my least favorite character. Still liked him. Chopper and Sabine probably at the top
Yeah, Zeb could get a bit annoying, but Ezra and Zeb had a fun dynamic at times. I loved that graffiti Sabine put on their bunk room wall:

Grafitti_zeb_and_ezra_room.jpg

Zardnaar

Legend
Yeah, Zeb could get a bit annoying, but Ezra and Zeb had a fun dynamic at times. I loved that graffiti Sabine put on their bunk room wall:

View attachment 300690

Ezra was lower down for me. Kanen's sacrifice kinda got me and that's Star Wars.

Live action Ezra is good so haven't seen enough of him though. Casting been really good. First time watching Rebels "that guys a Jedi".

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
Ezra was lower down for me. Karen's sacrifice kinda got me and that's Star Wars.
Yeah, that was hard-hitting, especially after he'd just recovered and returned Hera's family totem thing.

Ezra could be annoying too, but he really grew by leaps and bounds throughout the series.

Live action Ezra is good so haven't seen enough of him though. Casting been really good.
Didn't really see enough of anybody in this show! Casting was fantastic but they just needed to do more!

Zardnaar

Legend
Yeah, that was hard-hitting, especially after he'd just recovered and returned Hera's family totem thing.

Ezra could be annoying too, but he really grew by leaps and bounds throughout the series.

Didn't really see enough of anybody in this show! Casting was fantastic but they just needed to do more!

Might be the format. Mandalorian focuses on 2-3 characters Ghost crew plus Thrawn plus Baylan and Shin plus Elspeth.

Alot of ground to cover.

Hell they sidelined Ahsoka in an episode. In her own show a'la BoBF and Mandalorian. Mandalorian I cam somewhat understand due to real life stuff.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So I had no idea what the Lord of the Rings statues were at the end. Maybe I need to watch it again, because I totally missed that. The ending just seemed all a bit weird!

Also, Thrawn did nothing clever, and didn't really 'defeat' anybody. He simply turned up, loaded his coffin things, and then flew off exactly as planned. The heroes were never in any position to affect that process. I get that in the cartoons he's like a genius or something, but they didn't show that here, unless I really missed something.

Still, I enjoyed the show. And it had the best lightsaber choreography in a long, long time.

A2Z

Explorer
I'm pretty sure Huyang referred to him as Caleb at one point during the conversation. Ahsoka must have explained to him that Caleb Dume changed his name after the fall.

Sure, but if that was the case surely she would also have mentioned that Ezra was his apprentice? But it was new to Huyang. It's just clumsy writing.

jhallum

Explorer
So I had no idea what the Lord of the Rings statues were at the end. Maybe I need to watch it again, because I totally missed that. The ending just seemed all a bit weird!

Also, Thrawn did nothing clever, and didn't really 'defeat' anybody. He simply turned up, loaded his coffin things, and then flew off exactly as planned. The heroes were never in any position to affect that process. I get that in the cartoons he's like a genius or something, but they didn't show that here, unless I really missed something.

Still, I enjoyed the show. And it had the best lightsaber choreography in a long, long time.
The statues may be the Father and the Son from Clone wars Mortis Arc. The ruined statue may be the Daughter. Considering you see the bird from Clone Wars that is associated with the Daughter (who sacrificed herself for Ahsoka) and Ahsoka again at the very end, it's probably likely.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I kind of enjoyed this show, but it was glacially slow, and simply didn't have enough plot. And yes, Andor had the same problem. I think it would have been better as animation, that was much pacier.

I wonder if Stephenson hadn't died we might have had a little more Baylan?
They both have a slowness to them, but Ahsoka and Andor do not share that as a common problem. Ahsoka's slowness early on is because they're spreading too little interesting content over too much time. It improves significantly by the end. Andor may be a slow burn, but it's all worth it and it's fantastic from the first scene.

Remove ads