• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ahsoka - SPOILERS

pukunui

Legend
Yes, Chopper is fantastic, and I maintain that he was criminally under-used in this show. However, I will acknowledge that it is much easier to have a droid do zany things on an animated show than it is in live action.

Zardnaar

Legend
Yes, Chopper is fantastic, and I maintain that he was criminally under-used in this show. However, I will acknowledge that it is much easier to have a droid do zany things on an animated show than it is in live action.

Disney's doing a pretty good job with the droids generally and visuals.

Stalker0

Legend
I think Andor and Ahsoka both are "slow" but in different ways.

Andor, especially in teh first few episodes, really takes its time getting going. Now ultimately the scenes are meaningful and leads us to a good place, but I can respect the criticism that they reaaaaaallly take their time getting to the good stuff. But when they do they do!

Ahsoka to me feels like when you had to write a 3 page essay as a kid, so you wrote 2 pages: increased the font a bit, beefed up the margins, increased the line breaks a bit, etc etc. It literally felt like they were making quota, that the show just had to run a certain length, and we just don't want to have that much content, so lets just slow everything down in every scene.

Now a lot of Ahsoka I did actually like all said and done, but it could have been shown in 5 episodes instead of 8 pretty easily.

Liked Sabines blaster and Lightsaber combo. She kinda sucks as a Jedi but deft hand with blaster and demolitions. Level 1 Jedi?
This is another lift from the Jedi Fallen Order games, or in this case, the sequel. Other lifts are the sound effect for object reading, the lightsabre workbench, and the Zeffo (?) script. Oh, and a BD droid in the Mandalorian.

I kind of enjoyed this show, but it was glacially slow, and simply didn't have enough plot. And yes, Andor had the same problem. I think it would have been better as animation, that was much pacier.

I wonder if Stephenson hadn't died we might have had a little more Baylan?

Hussar

Legend
I know it’s probably not the way it was first written but I kinda hope they don’t replace Baylon. Maybe they find him dead when they get to whatever that Eye of Sauron peak is in the distance. He found his goal and died in peace.

If they do get a new actor, he’s got some serious shoes to fill.

Remove ads