• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AI is stealing writers’ words and jobs…

phxzo2862bcc1.png

Scribe

Legend
That's not what I am talking about. I apologize if I was unclear.

What I am talking about is already happening to some degree and will only get more responsive.

You enter a prompt and it spits out a few samples. You ick one but then tell it to change this, or that. The process continues until you get the image you want.

At some point that turns you into the artist, as surely as a director who relies on a cinematographer is an artist.

I think we were on the same page, I just disagree. Me continuing to have the program refine the image it generates, still is not making me an artist.

I think we likely wont align on this, no harm no foul.

I dont count me using the sharpening tool as me becoming an artist either.

Frank Frazetta, is an artist. Scribe of Enworld, is not.
If we're saying that x amount of time makes you an artist.. how long does it take to tape a banana to a wall?

The guy who won his state fair's using AI art took 80 hours to make the final product.

Personally, I just go with prompter since that's what I'm doing.

EDIT: who the hell paid The highest-valued piece of AI art ever sold traditionally was bought for $432,000 at Christie’s

Scribe

Legend
The guy who won his state fair's using AI art took 80 hours to make the final product.

I dont care. Did he do so by having a program create 'his' entry? I'm not chasing goal posts here. You can disagree, it doesnt impact me.

Even if the program creates art I would GLADLY have paid Wizards of the Coast to include in their books, that isnt making me an artist.

It just means that the generic tropes of Western media, are able to be generated at a level I deem better than what Wizards has sold in their official works.

I'm still not an artist.

Just as someone getting code generated by the code generation engines, is not a programmer.

Reynard

Legend
No, typing words into a text box and a program spitting out an image does not make you an artist. No amount of twisting or redefining the words involved will make you an artist for using “AI”.
Is a photographer an artist? What about the aforementioned director?

Reynard

Legend
I dont care. Did he do so by having a program create 'his' entry? I'm not chasing goal posts here. You can disagree, it doesnt impact me.

Even if the program creates art I would GLADLY have paid Wizards of the Coast to include in their books, that isnt making me an artist.

It just means that the generic tropes of Western media, are able to be generated at a level I deem better than what Wizards has sold in their official works.

I'm still not an artist.

Just as someone getting code generated by the code generation engines, is not a programmer.
I would gently suggest that you are. At least in the sense that bringing imagination to something real is all art is.

Now, that's different than suggesting you are the same kind of artist as a painter or musician. But there is art in using the tools available to you to create something novel in the world.

He started with an AI generator, then use photoshop, which i think would be considered digital art.

Like i said, I just go with "prompter" or if I'm being kind "digital artist"

Remove ads