D&D General AI isn't all that great when it comes to D&D

Clint_L

Hero
New session, same prompt:

Give a one paragraph description of a swamp village for D&D

The swamp village is a small, isolated community nestled deep within a murky and foreboding marsh. The houses and buildings are built on stilts, elevated above the murky waters to protect them from flooding. The villagers make their living by fishing, hunting the game that thrive in the swamp, and gathering the various plants that grow there. Life is hard in the swamp, and the villagers are a hardy and self-reliant people, skilled in survival and accustomed to the dangers of the marsh. They are fiercely independent and suspicious of outsiders, but they will offer help to those in need, provided that they prove themselves trustworthy. The village is ruled by a council of the elders, who have the final say in all matters of the village. They are known for their wisdom, and their decisions are respected by all.

Hex08

Hero
I figured D&D is pretty well known so I should try a less well-known system and setting and see what I got. I used the prompt: Write a short adventure idea for the Savage Worlds East Texas University setting.

Here is what it generated:

In the East Texas University setting of Savage Worlds, a group of students and professors stumble upon an ancient artifact during a routine excavation of a local historical site. The artifact appears to be a small, intricately carved wooden box, but its true power is revealed when it is opened.

As soon as the box is opened, a strange mist fills the area, and those nearby begin to experience vivid, terrifying hallucinations. The mist seems to have a life of its own, lashing out at anyone who tries to approach the box or interfere with its power.

As the mist grows thicker, it becomes clear that the only way to stop it is to destroy the artifact. However, the box seems to be indestructible - no matter what is done to it, it remains intact.

The students and professors must work together to unravel the mystery of the box and discover its true purpose. As they delve deeper into its secrets, they realize that the box is actually a portal to another dimension, and the mist is the manifestation of an ancient evil that has been trapped within for centuries.

To defeat the evil and close the portal, the group must travel through the mist and confront the being that resides within the other dimension. They will face terrifying monsters, otherworldly landscapes, and unimaginable horrors as they fight to save the world from the ancient evil that threatens to escape.

The adventure culminates in a final showdown with the evil entity, where the group must use their wits and their skills to banish it back to its own realm and seal the portal for good. If they succeed, they will have saved the world from certain doom - but if they fail, the consequences will be catastrophic.

The first sentence is a bit awkward, but I have seen some savage tales in published plot point adventures that were worse stories.

Remove ads