• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AIM/AOL Chatroom Game

scpna

First Post
Hello All,
I am presently running a campaign via chat room and am looking for a few new players to add in. We play on either Fri or Sat night once every 2 weeks or so. To play we utilize an AIM/AOL chat room and instant messenging.

The campaign takes place in the world of Malune, which is my homebrew world. It is pretty much generic D&D in terms of magic level, tech level, etc. The characters are currently involved in quite a bit of political intrigue and most recently in combating Illithids. Some basic information on the setting and a campaign journal are available at my website here. I also will prepare a player packet for any new players with material allowed, character creation, help with background, etc. Currently I have 2 active players and a third is resuming play at the next session which will be either friday 1/23/04 or saturday 1/24/04.

If you are interested or have any questions, reply here and I should get back within a day.

EDIT: Noticed that the dates were wrong and corrected them.

Last edited:

Arismir

First Post
A Current Player

I'm actually a current player of Malune, and I honestly think it is amazing.

This is truly the best campaign setting I have played in. With great contribution to our great DM who pours over missions and brings a new great session every time I sit down involving political twists, allies made from enemies, and a great sense of fantasy, it is always fun for the entire night. One of the greatest attibutes of this campaign is that I can never leave a session without guessing and wondering what will happen next and what actually happened in that last game. The greyness of alignment brings a completely new mystery far different from the black and white of many D&D campaigns. On final note, I would love to have someone join us and experience all of this fun.

Anxious to see who is interested,

Arismir "Windhawk" Kethel
-Bardic Arcane Archer

Byrons_Ghost

First Post
I've been looking to get into a chat game to get into, and this sounds like something I'd be interested in. Let me know when you get ready to let people in.

Also, I'm not on AOL- is there some sort of basic client I can install without having to go through all their registration, and junk mail, and whatnot?

NarlethDrider

First Post
I would be interested----while I have finally found a local group, my 'scheduale' doesnt allow me to participate in that game :(----however, the times you have for your games would definately fall into my 'free time':)

scpna

First Post
Thanks for replying Byrons_Ghost and NarlethDrider.

Byrons_Ghost, I'd suggest downloading AOL Instant Messenger for free from AOL's webpage. While I think there are alternate programs that utilize the AIM network but I am not sure of any specific ones and I do not know if they are chat capable. I use AIM and I have not been troubled much by AOL spam or any ads except one little one at the top of the buddy list which is easily ignored.

Do either of you have anything particular that you would like to know about the world? I will prepare a packet with some general information, but if you really want to make sure that something is included tell me.

Also, do either of you have a character concept in mind? The current campaign is at character level 7. If you have something specific in mind, I am sure we can talk and come up with a way to work it into the world.

Last edited:

Byrons_Ghost

First Post
Not sure on class yet. I'll have to take a closer look at the journals and stuff. So far it seems you have a paladin, wizard, and bard, am I correct? Oh, and is this 3.0 or 3.5?

As for the world, it's kind of hard to say. The general impression that I got was of active dieties, approaching demonic hordes, and impending apocalypse. How chaotic is the state of things?

What would really be helpful would be some info on where we'll be starting, or meeting the others, so I can get an idea of what concepts would and wouldn't fit the area.

moostafa

First Post
player wanting to join your campaign

scpna said:
Hello All,
I am presently running a campaign via chat room and am looking for a few new players to add in. We play on either Fri or Sat night once every 2 weeks or so. To play we utilize an AIM/AOL chat room and instant messenging.

The campaign takes place in the world of Malune, which is my homebrew world. It is pretty much generic D&D in terms of magic level, tech level, etc. The characters are currently involved in quite a bit of political intrigue and most recently in combating Illithids. Some basic information on the setting and a campaign journal are available at my website here. I also will prepare a player packet for any new players with material allowed, character creation, help with background, etc. Currently I have 2 active players and a third is resuming play at the next session which will be either friday 1/24/04 or saturday 1/25/04.

If you are interested or have any questions, reply here and I should get back within a day.
i would love to join your campaign if you need me email me at jazznmoo81@oberlin.net or iam online alot so you could instant message me at dang_cant_think_of_a_name@yahoo.com hope to hear from you bye

scpna

First Post
This is a D&D 3.5 game. We use a variety of books, but the only must have for players is a PHB.

Moostafa, since I already have the 2 replies, I am not sure if I will have room to add you into the game, but I will talk to the players that I have now and see how big of group they are willing to try.

Byrons, you're pretty right about the group make up. There is a half-elven bard, a human paladin, and a elven wizard-cleric (mostly wizard). As I mentioned before most character concepts can fit into the world.

As of now, the area of the world where the characters are is not yet suffering due to the demons or the end of the world. While these events are occuring, they are as of now in the background. This is not to say that the region isn't somewhat chaotic. There was a civil war in Kroftland, the characters' home nation, that is still causing divisions. The government-in-exile is operating from the city of Grak's Deep, the current location which is on the border of Kroftland. This is causing a lot of political chaos, even though it is no longer open warfare.

I'll post some information on the city of Grak's Deep some time today so that you can get a feel for that location.

scpna

First Post
The Iron City of Grakmanduur:
During the time when the Grak-Kharden dwarves controlled the majority of the Iron Peaks range, they created the underways, a network of roads beneath the mountains reaching to many mines and settlements. A fortress was built by the dwarves in order to connect these roads with the surface and named Grakmanduur. Over time, the fortress grew into a sizable trade city thanks to trade between the Heartlands and the Grak-Kharden.
The power of the dwarves, however, began to decrease. Hobgoblin numbers were increasing in the range and the empire of the Grak-Kharden began to collapse. Now the underways are abandoned and in disrepair along with most of the dwarven settlements under the mountains. Hobgoblins have grown to be a part of the culture of the Grak-Kharden and Grak's Deep, as Grakmanduur is now commonly called, is the only major remnant of the once proud empire.

The city is ruled by Iron Lord Amad son of Ronir of Martuk who has ruled well, but recently dissappointed his citizens by accepting to take in the Kroftlander government-in-exile, which all but started a war with the nation of Kroftland, a former ally.

The city itself is mostly subterranean with only about a third of the population living on the surface in the part of town referred to as the Sun Quarter. Stair columns and ramps provide access between the layers. The Iron Palace and the Temple of Midir, the earth god, are located on the first layer beneath the surface. The bottom layer, third beneath the surface, contains mines and poor housing and is in some areas more like a network of caves than a city.

The population is mostly hill dwarves and hobgoblins with humans and halflings on the surface. The most common faiths are those of Midir, the god of earth, Shion, the god of the sun, and Rostae, the goddess of purity. Smaller temples to other gods can be found within the city, but are not as prevalent as those three.

scpna

First Post
The Iron Peaks:
These high mountains are home to the city of Grak's Deep and to numerous Grak-Kharden dwarf clans. In addition there is a great number of hobgoblins in the area. The two most prevalent groups are the Dragonsworn and the False Claw.

The Dragonsworn call themselves the Twelve Great Tribes of the Burning Lord. They have sworn allegiance to the red dragon Cazridix. Presently the hobgoblins are helping the dragon to consolidate his rule in the high peaks that contain his lair, but the dragon's future plans and ambitions are unknown.

The False Claw is a tribe that claims to be the rightful heirs of the Bloody Claw clan, unlike the mercenaries who are allied with Grak'd Deep. This group appeared much later than the mercenaries swore allegiance to the Iron Lord. They presently are raiding from bases throughout the north eastern Iron Peaks and causing many public relations problems for the once respected Bloody Claw merenaries.

Grensmaar Forest:
This dark, brambly forest lies north of the city of Grak's Deep. While there are wood elves in the forest, they are much sparser than in Mysumafel to the south. The forest is avoided by most, due to everything from dragons to kobolds populating it's dark depths.

Last edited:

Remove ads