Air Pirates: Episode 1: The Revenge of The Air Pirates:FULL!

pathfinderq1

First Post
It is awfully quiet around here, after such ferocious initial activity. It looks like we've had a few departures already- who is still in? From what is posted in the RG thread, we look to be a little heavy on the spellcaster side, and a little light on the skill/sneak/HTH combat end- while our undead may help a bit with the fighting, we could use another skill monkey or frontline fighter type, I think. Anybody else have any thoughts, or want to do a little team development while we're waiting for the show to start?

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Is the position "Mr. Freindly" still available?

Going to go with a Changling rogue/wizard (enchanter) or some variant of. Definately sticking with a changling though. DM - is there anything specific in your campaign (like feats, skills, guilds, contacts) that can help me flesh out this character? SHould have something up relatively soon.

-Blood

WarlockLord

First Post
Yeah, sure, go for it. I haven't really thought of guilds, etc (you're pirates. Most respectable traders stay FAR away) but there is a secret pirate port off the north coast of Xendrik. You can buy virtually anything there. It would be a good place for black market or otherwise disreputable contacts.

Hope this helps.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Anybody else have any thoughts, or want to do a little team development while we're waiting for the show to start?

Well, Thirian's general combat style will be to attack using intimidating strike, hopefully making them shaken, and then cursing them(if it is a major opponent). My combat panche feat will used whenever possible. Personality wise he is LE, but the crew doesn't have to fear him turning on them. He is a likeable person, but he can be ruthless. Prisoners are better robbed and them ransomed than killed. However sometimes making them disappear is the only option.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Gipp is still in too. He'll be staying behind the first line whenever possible. When not possible he'll be using your usual get out of sight, cut some arteries, tumble to flank, get out of sight, cut some arteries... manuevers. I think at the moment his the only skill mongrel sneaky bastard we have.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Vazin will be mostly shooting frightful eldrich blasts. With his great range (with eldrich spear) he could easily target an enemy ship crewman. If an enemy engage him in melee, the summon swarm invocation will give the attacker something to worry about.

Drerek

First Post
Tenentet is waiting for action also. His main spells are buffers and debuffers, although his CL 5 MM wand is good combat support.

Gyojin

First Post
Marius will probaly shine more out of combat than in(with his divination spells, of course), but he will use spells like Fell Weaken Magic Missile and Ray of Exhastion to tire a foe, and then grapple and punch them to death. Works well against mages, too. He also has true strike, which will allow his rays to hit without problems.

Pyrex

First Post
Athelstan is decent in melee, but will mostly be casting spells and directing his minions (and creating new ones via Animate Dead and/or Fell Animate)

pathfinderq1

First Post
So from the looks of things, we have 1-2 primary melee types (our captain and the half-ogre psi warrior, augmented by undead minions), one skill/sneaky type, and a full load of caster types. I'm still a bit uneasy with this mix, as it leans rather heavily on the minions- while some of the casters may not be totally at a loss in sustained combat, most of them probably won't be exactly thrilled either.

With both a warlock and a warmage on board, I might be willing to sub out my psion/blaster concept in favor of another HTH type, if the other players and the GM think that might work better. Or we could just go for it, hoping that our minions and caster-heavy crew roster are up to the task. Thoughts?

If I go for a combat type, it would probably be either a straight-up monk, or a dual-weapon Fighter type- something a bit closer to pirate/swashbuckler style than a plate-and-shield tank.

Remove ads