Air Pirates: Episode 1: The Revenge of The Air Pirates:FULL!

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hmmm while it could be fun, because theres always more fun when you get your ass kicked, I think pathfinderg1 is right, although, I still think it will be more funny if we go like this. At the end, a group of pirates doesn't have to be milimetrically calculated, I think it would probably rely on their luck and the individual skill more than in an organized tactic.

Zoycitenega

First Post
Caden is also still in(I'm finally home! :D ); She prefers to go crazy in melee, starting off with her punch daggers(each have shocking grasp stored in - 5d6 each!), and then finishing the foe with magic if the person still isn't dead. She isn't terribly useful outside of battle, however, other than her repetoire of arcane knowledge and alchemy crafting.

WarlockLord

First Post
It has begun.

EDIT: Anyone who doesn't have a post in the rogue's gallery, if you've expressed interest but aren't listed in the IC, put someone in the Rogue's Gallery. The guards rounded you up later, because you jumped overboard to escape.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Finished my character crunch. Went with a Changling Rouge/Swashbuckler with Changling rouge substitution levels 1 & 3. I found a PrC called Thunder Guides in Eberrons Exploration splatbook that pretty much does what I looking for. Has friends in exotic places and can get exotic materials rather cheaply. I posted it in the Rogues gallery for review and approval.

EDIT: I picked two racial feats from Races of Eberron for flavor. Let me know if you approve of them or not. Thanks.

-Blood

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Oh MAN

Guys, I need help!

So I'm nearly done, when I stumble across a neat idea. If don't take Air domain, and instead take Storm or Windstorm domains, I can qualify for Elemental Savant PrC which would be really cool! I could even take both Elemental Savant AND Thaumaturge...which would be a long path, but ultimately be really nifty.

The problem is that I then lose the ability to rebuke and command air elementals...which would kick butt, because I can use that to try to take control of enemy airships (that use air elementals). I could also replace the Travel Domain, I guess...but I hate to lose that granted power. :)

There's no feat that grants a bonus domain choice either. I looked up and down for one (though if you know of one, do tell :)).

So basically I'm torn. If I go storm cleric, I'd probably go less summoning at first, and more direct stuff like Call Lightning. I'd become a summoner later on...probably around 9th level. This has the advantage of playing to the strengths of summoning...which aren't terribly impressive at these levels, but get much better later.

If I stay air cleric, I'd probably focus on summoning right away...which would mean different feat choices and so on.

So. Upshot is this. Storm cleric has better spells and PrC access, but the granted power is kind of lame. Air cleric has mediocre spells and PrC access, but the granted power rocks.

Heeeeelp!

Oh, also...are items from the Magic Item Compendium ok? I saw Spell Comp was in.

Zoycitenega

First Post
There is a feat to gain a bonus domain, but it's Epic(CD, p. 89). I don't see why you couldn't be an elemental savant even with the air domain - as a cleric, you'd gain knowledge of enough spells that you could make it; barely, but you'd make it, especially with Spell Compendium.

To answer the second question, The Magic Item compendium is amazing!

Bloodweaver1

First Post
The DM says that there are going to quiet a few runs into the local undead. That maybe something to consider if you are our only undead turner.

I vote for the instant gratification. But that is just me.

-Blood

Remove ads