Airwalkrr's Eberron Campaign IC

Friadoc

Explorer
"I'm sure it'll be enough information to send others after us," says Slip simply enough. "And, in some cases, a detail description is much more useful than a name."

"More information is always useful." adds the warforged before he confirms his meaning. "The Anvil will be as good as a starting point as any."

Oni

First Post
His excitement seemingly having run out of steam, Nevin simply shrugs.

I mean only that we need exercise caution and felt the need to inform you of the disadvantage we suffer. As our recent visit from our clandestine friend has so poignantly driven home, the facts here are pointing toward more than simple murder. Obviously there are interested parties on both the side of perpetrator and victim. Anyway I agree, let us see what there is to be said at this Broken Anvil.

Friadoc

Explorer
"Since I do not require sleep," says Slip. "I could go observe the Broken Anvil until our meeting tomorrow, thus, if it is a trap, we should be better prepared for it."

Graybeard

Explorer
Looking confused, Kazmir asks:

Bad non-living thing sent message to other bad people or things? This mean other bad people come after us? Was hooded man a bad person? Where is Broken Anvil and is we going there?

"Wow! This is so awesome! First we see a dead body then the warforged and now this! I hope they serve breakfast. In the Korranberg Chronicle they often say adventurers begin their quests at taverns. I wonder if this is the beginning of our quest?"

Gus takes a breath.

"And that flying thing. It popped off and whizzed away. I wonder who is seeing. I wonder how they see what it has seen. I wonder who it is? Could be a foriegn spy? Maybe the scarey guy that lives in the Mournlands... you know... that warforged guy. Some adventurers that visited my parents shop once said they saw him. I think they lied. No one sees him and lives. I've heard he is over ten feet tall and made of purest admantine! Can you imagine that!"

Gus rambles on looking forward to learning more about this mystery. He mentions mediating on the subject as he scurries to his room at his parent's shop.

[sblock=OOC] If I'm laying it too thick just let me know. As I'm reading this I keep thinking Kender which is not what I trying for... [/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Kyl shrugged, indifferent to the whole situation. "So this thing tranports images. Assuming it shows the last thing the now deceased warforged saw, wouldn't it be limited to a raging shifter?" He paused a moment as if considering his own words for the first time, "If so it could easily be dismissed by the viewer. If they do come after our friend, and do not know about us, then perhaps the odds weigh in our favor?"

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=Friadoc]See, I would just as soon believe that since warforged were thought of as basically chattel before the Treaty of Thronehold that House Cannith didn't let many warforged see the light of day until they were ready to be sold. At best, I can understand that many warforged might have seen the sign of House Cannith, but I doubt most would automatically understand what it means. Even the populace at large doesn't know who built the warforged; they just assume big important magical people did it. They could care less which noble house or country. As a compromise, how about we say Slip recognizes the symbol automatically, but doesn't know what it stands for... yet.[/sblock][sblock=Oni]In most cases your Galifaran Scholar feat will operate for Knowledge (nobility & royalty) checks since the Kingdom of Galifar was the foundation of all modern noble houses.[/sblock][sblock=OOC to all]Practically all of you were in plain view of the warforged before she fell, so any number of you could be incriminated. Also, at least two of you attacked her. Even psionics has mental cues as to where the attack originated from and only master psionicists are able to control those cues perfectly.

Just let me know when you are ready to head to the Broken Anvil. It looks like you are having a lively discussion.[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
OOC: I thought it was still the middle of the night so I was plasnning to have Talakhad head back home and then join the others at the Broken Anvil, but if it is almost morning we might as well just go straight to the anvil.

Remove ads