Airwalkrr's Eberron Campaign IC

Halford

First Post
Talakhad raises his hands appeasingly.

"Of course officer, we have nothing to hide. As my friend says we saw a figure step from the edge of the bridge and upon rushing forward to investigate caught sight of this poor wretch. He was carrying this satchel, my apologies for disrupting the scene but I hoped to keep it from becoming completely soaked and ruined."

He attempts to hand over the satchel,

"This crazed warforged then leapt up onto the bridge, it may have been the same figure which dropped before though I cannot be certain, and called us "Fleshlings" and attacked. Thankfully my companiosn here are more than proficient in a fight. I will of course be willing to assist the watch as much as possible in this manner, cold blooded murder cannot be tolerated." He pauses briefly,

"Oh and something flew from its chest once it fell, like a clockwork bird? I have no idea what it was..."

[sblock=Diplomacy 21]Diplomacy (1d20+7=21) [/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=Knowledge (arcana) DC 16]The thing that flew from the warforged's chest is known as a final messenger. These simple magical constructs can be embedded within warforged and sent out to a particular individual or destination to deliver a message upon a warforged's death, as it were. A final messenger always reports the last thing the warforged saw before its destruction.[/sblock]Several nearby citizens come forth to corroborate your story to the Watch, who, after hearing your explanation, seems fairly impressed.

"Very well," the dwarf says, nodding his head at your explanation. "It seems we have some heroes in the making here in Sharn. I am authorized to occasionally grant such heroes a small reward for putting their lives on the line to keep the towers of Sharn safe. Please accept this as a token of the Watch's gratitude," the dwarf explains, handing you a purse of coins. There are twelve gold coins within, enough for 2 gp apiece.

"My name is Sergeant Dolom. I'm stationed here in this district. Should you ever need a favor, come and see me at the local Watch station."

Dolom accepts the satchel from Talakhad and sends you on your way, assuring you that the Watch has it from here. The only information you were able to gleam from it before handing it over was that it belonged to man named Bonal Geldem, who was a provost at Morgrave University, according to his identification papers.[sblock=XP]50 xp for making the Watch sergeant friendly[/sblock]About an hour after the scene on the bridge, you have finally gotten over the excitement of what has just happened and are moving along to your next destination, perhaps a place with a warm fire to dry you from all the rain. As you are about to arrive at one of your favorite local haunts, yet another cloaked figure approaches you, his hood pulled tight to keep out the rain. He shows you a signet ring, emblazoned with a gorgon's head crest (see below) and says, "If you would know the truth of Bonal Geldem's murder, go to the Broken Anvil tavern at dawn."

Before you can even ask him any questions, the figure turns away and quickly disappears into the night.

[sblock=Knowledge (nobility & royalty) DC 12]The gorgon's head crest is the symbol of House Cannith, consisting of humans with the Mark of Making.[/sblock]

Friadoc

Explorer
Slip has been silent since the warforged was felled, he had sheathed his rapier as he knelt to examine her and its mark. When the others talked of what to do, flee or wait for the guard, Slip had no comment, as he would go with the group, per usual.

While the others talked to the guard, Slip will only talk if asked specifically, however the benefit of being a warforged is that folk often forget to talk to them when there are flesh-beings around. Slip's current companions are good for that, as they have allowed for him to use his skills and abilities without much need for being one of the deciders.

OOC

Sorry for the lack of an update, folks, but had some curveballs form life the past few days; not only have I still been sick for almost a week now, but my pipes froze the other night and I've been trying to fix that, while not getting sicker.

Anyhow, I'll do better, sorry.

On a side note, wouldn't slip know a House Cannith mark on sight, as oppose to needing to roll and know it?

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=Friadoc]Why do you think Slip would recognize the sign of House Cannith automatically? I didn't see anything in your background to indicate that. Just because House Cannith was instrumental in the creation of the warforged doesn't necessarily mean all warforged know that, or that they know anything about House Cannith for that matter. Maybe my Eberron-fu is lacking. If you can point me to a page reference that could clarify it then perhaps it would be appropriate, but I don't recall anything pertinent.[/sblock]

Friadoc

Explorer
[sblock=Friadoc]Why do you think Slip would recognize the sign of House Cannith automatically? I didn't see anything in your background to indicate that. Just because House Cannith was instrumental in the creation of the warforged doesn't necessarily mean all warforged know that, or that they know anything about House Cannith for that matter. Maybe my Eberron-fu is lacking. If you can point me to a page reference that could clarify it then perhaps it would be appropriate, but I don't recall anything pertinent.[/sblock]

[sblock=Airwalkrr]
House Cannith made all Warforged, no one else did, save for the later rumors, post-Day of Mourning, that the Lord of Blades might have a Creation Forge in his possession and up and running.

That said, my assumption of Slip knowing the symbol on sight is based on him being shipped from Cyre, before the Day of Mourning, to Sharn and that it was most likely done by House Cannith personnel, since each nation usually employed House Cannith personnel to repair their warforged. Plus, House Cannith was based out of Cyre, pre-Day of Mourning, and all warforged, at their creation, were around House Cannith holdings.

But, I can easily see sticking to the need of a roll to recall it and I can understand my ICly not being able to know the information due to not making such a roll. So, either way is good with me.
[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
Warming himself by the fire Talakhad shakes off the rain,

"Well I should be headed home I suppose, should we all agree to meet up at this Broken Anvil just before dawn? I know that I for one am curious."

Oni

First Post
Nevin had been pensive since the situation on the bridge his good cheer washed away in a deluge of cold rain and stern questions. The corpse and brief conflict had sobered him greatly and he was no longer in the mood for merry making. So lost in thought was he, he hadn't noticed the cloaked figure approach them. Nevin was so surprised when the stranger had spoken he didn't even have time to form a coherent question before the mystery man had vanished. He had come to this great city looking for excitement, he supposed he'd found more than his fair share of it now.

When the stranger had disappeared he collapsed back into his quiet state, there was something on the edge of his mind, something he knew he ought to remember. Memory...

That's it! Now I remember!

He walked in an agitated circle.

Aah. How could I have forgotten. It carries the final memory...

The device, the device from that deranged scrapheap, it was a final messenger. Do you know what that means?

Nevin looked around at his companions before going on excitedly

It means that warforged wasn't at this alone. A final messenger is a sort of carrier pigeon that is released on the death of a warforged to report the final moments of the construct in question to some third party. The last things it saw!

He paced back and forth animatedly

Whoever this assassin was working with, or for, will know what at least some of us look like.

I for one, would like to know more about what is going on here. Someone out there knows more about us, than we about them. I'm not comfortable with that.

[sblock=ooc]

Knowledge(Arcana) DC 16 (1d20+7=24)

Does my Galifaran Scholar feat allow me to roll on the second knowledge roll?

Knowledge(nobility and royalty) DC 12 (1d20+7=26)

[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Nevin pinched the bridge of his nose between is finger in thumb in frustration.

The device, the strange little device that took wing from our assailant's chest! Don't you see the ramifications?

Halford

First Post
Talakhad frowns,

"Well they do not know our names, presumably, and Sharn is a big City. Does this object produce a picture or give a description? Either way I don't see it changeing our plans. If this fellow we are to meet can shed light on the case we will likely arouse the Warforged's associates ire in anycase."

Remove ads