Airwalkrr's Eberron Campaign IC

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Friadoc seems to be AFK ATM so I'll go ahead and post Slip's action. Slip readies an action to stab the warforged if she attacks.

Graybeard, since Kazmin is more than 5 feet away and you want to attack with both claws (which you can do while charging because of the Razorclaw Elite feat), I presume you intend to charge the warforged. Also, I'm not sure why you think your bonus is +2. You have a BAB of +1 and a Strength bonus of +4 so it should be at least +5. You are also shifting so that should put it at +6. On top of that, you are charging which gives you +2, and that also happens to put you into a flanking position for a grand total of +10 to hit. So your to hit rolls should be 20 and 18, not 12 and 10. As for damage, it looks like you are assuming the bonus damage shifters receive for every four levels rounds up, but this is not the case. By default, in 3.5 you round down unless the rules say otherwise. So you don't get any bonus to damage while shifting (other than that granted by your enhanced Strength) until you reach 4th level. At any rate, you hit twice for 9 and 7 points respectively.[/sblock]

At the sight of the warforged accosting him, Slip thinks quickly and draws his own weapon in response to the hostility. "Move any closer," he warns, "and I shall skewer you as I have others. Do not think I will spare you because you are like me."

Talakhad's mental influence seems to agitate the warforged a bit, but she does not seem to be too rattled by it. She is, however, a bit perturbed at Nevin's grease spell, which sends her battleaxe clattering to the ground.

Kazmin gets a frenzied look in his eye and he dives for the now disarmed warforged, digging in deep with both claws. He rends the warforged's soft wooden exterior asunder and the thing slumps to the ground, a heap of metal and wood. It seems the battle is over before it began.

As Kazmin overlooks his downed quarry, a tiny piece of clockwork and filigree wings detaches itself from the chest of the fallen warforged. It spreads its wings and quickly darts out into the rain-soaked night. Meanwhile, you can hear some screams coming from people around you, "Hey! Stop that!" "Call the Watch!" "Murder!"

Others have taken notice of the brief scuffle, and it is likely that the Watch will be arriving soon. You seem to be faced with several options. You could try to abscond with the body of the victim, the warforged or both, you could merely take a few moments to loot them, or you could hang around for when the Watch shows up and face whatever questions they may pose for your involvement in this affair.

[sblock=XP]50 XP for defeating the warforged in battle[/sblock]

[sblock=Gus' thoughts ] Gus is thinking this may be his chance to get an inside scoop to get his name or an article published in the Korranberg Chronicle . Smirking he waits for what the others have to say. He will walk over to the body of the person they first saw. He won't loot it but he would like to look for anything noteworthy. [/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Gus can't tell much about the body without disturbing it as it is shrouded by a cloak. However, he can tell that it has a death grip on a leather satchel.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Kyl stood by the body, dismissing his mindblade. "I do not fear the Watch, but I think this may be a misunderstood situation. Was this Warforged the same size as the person we saw leap from the bridge?" Kyl kneels by the body, looking to see what kind of weapon ended this man's life.

Halford

First Post
Talakhad waits calmly for the authorities, confident that their bravery and good citizienship will not be misconstrued so long as they are polite and forthcoming.

"A fine job my friends, you took the assailent down with great skill. Would that I had been of more use. We have nothing to fear the Warforged assaulted us, and made reference to a hatred of "fleshlings" was it? For my part I believe the truth will serve us well enough here."

OOC: I had posted Talakhad picking up the satchel earlier, before the fight, if he did not have the actions then he does so now to remove it from the water more than anything else.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Kyl makes a quick inspection of the body and notes there are a few obvious wounds, bloody gashes in the figure's torso. However, he is unable to determine much about the nature of the gashes so he is uncertain whether these wounds were the cause of death or not.

Kyl's Heal check: 3

Talakhad, having not had time to grab the satchel before the warforged with the axe jumped them, takes time to wrest it from the death grip of the body now. It is obviously well-made and stylish and looks like it protects its contents from the elements well.

Oni

First Post
Nevin let out a sigh of relief when the warforged went down, he could feel himself shaking.

Is it...dead?

His gaze wandered to the body laying on the bridge near him and back again to the ruined warforged. Suddenly he felt a little sick. He took several deep breaths trying to regain his composure. This wasn't exactly the sort of evening he had planned. Nevin looked around at the shouting people. The guard would be here soon, hopefully they would understand what really happened here, he didn't fancy being locked away. He knew better than to run though, nothing said guilt like fleeing.

We had best wait for the authorities. I'm sure this will all be sorted out soon enough.

Graybeard

Explorer
Kazmir looks around nervously. He didn't trust the authorities. He knew non-humans were often blamed for crimes they didn't commit. However, since his companions are willing to wait for the watch, Kazmir will be brave and stand by.

No trust guards! They lock us away for long time! I stay here with you though. I not run like coward! Kazmir states to the group.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
A shrill blare of a Watch whistle in the distance suggests that law enforcers are fast approaching, and soon, you can make out several important figures moving through the rain towards your position. Two males and a female, wearing green-and-black studded leather of Sharn's City Watch, emerge from the rain-drenched night. The leader, a powerfully built bald dwarf with a close-cropped beard, steps forward, leveling his crossbow in your direction. The small ball of arcane light, hovering just above and behind his left shoulder, illuminates the area. The each side, a human male and female stand with halberds at the ready.

"Olladra's bloody nose!" the dwarf curses. "By order of the Watch, drop your weapons and explain yourselves!"

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Kyl looks at his hands, wondering what weapon the dwarf was speaking of. "Glad to see the Watch's arrival. We saw a man, or something that looked like a man, jump over the bridge. We came to see if the man needed help, or if he had killed himself to find this man here." he said waving an arm toward the dead body of the first man. "It was then that we were attacked by the warforged laying over there. The warforge's weapon lies over there.'' Kyl paused for a moment, somewhat unsure if he should tell the rest of the story. He shook his head and continued, "It was unfortunate that the warforged could not be reasoned with, and fortunate indeed that we have our shifter friend here. It was a quick battle, and we regret to inform you that the warforged did indeed fall." He looks back down at the first dead body, "Can you tell what this man died of?"

Remove ads