Airwalkrr's Shatterscape IC (Cooperative Design-As-You-Go PBP)

GlassEye

Adventurer
"I count 3 to 2 in favor of Garabold." Arden reaches over and pats Levistrius on the arm. "Don't be so gloomy; I'm sure everything will be fine." She smiles broadly at the big man. "Welcome, then, friend. Now, if you all don't mind, I'm off to sleep. That brisk hike and a full belly have just about done me in and Kleb wants to be on the road at first light." She yawns which just emphasizes her point. "Unless one of the others wishes to fill you in now, Garabold, I think the details of our mission can wait 'til we're on the road tomorrow."

She pointedly looks around the room at the locals, smiles tiredly, and pushes away from the table. "Tomorrow then."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]First off, so sorry for my absence. Thanks for your patience. RL took hold and wouldn't let go. I haven't had access to the internet for a while, at least not reliably. Getting the next post up is pretty detailed so this is only going to be a snippet of it.

So sorry to see that hafrogman hasn't stuck with us in a while since he was so integral in getting this up and running. Hopefully he will return one day. I'm not going to NPC Kylest forever though. He will remain sidelined with filth fever until hafrogman returns.[/sblock]

The rest of the night passes by quietly. The wail of hounds softens as you bed down; perhaps your scent no longer pervading the night air causing them no more distress. Soon it is morning and you awake, ready to head out toward the second leg of your journey. You expect to be in Karowick by nightfall.

Grabbing a breakfast roll and thanking the innkeep, you head out into the brisk morning air to gaze at the mountains to the southeast where you are headed. Their majestic peaks reach high into the sky and you can't help but wonder what sort of magical creatures live in those heights.

*Spellcasters prepare spells and post to a spoiler block please*

Halfway through the day, you break for lunch under the refreshing cover of a glade. You are just about to unpack the rations and sit to have a bite and drink when you sense an unusual rustle in the breeze.

[sblock=Spot DC 18]At least five short, ugly little creatures with long, pointed ears have encircled your group and are preparing to attack.[/sblock][sblock=Listen DC 18]You hear a number of soft footfalls around the group. You are being surrounded by something, but they can't be very large.[/sblock]
I'm out of time. More details to come.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arden shrugs her pack from her shoulders. Eyes closed she rolls her shoulders trying to loosen them up a little after the morning travel. Finally relaxed a bit she opens her eyes to find that she is looking down into the eyes of some small, hostile creature. At the same moment the Coward begins shrieking in her mind, [Beware! Beware! We are attacked! Flee!]

She stumbles backwards in sheer surprise and reaches for her dagger. "Danger!"

Remove ads