• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Airwalkrr's Temple of Elemental Evil (IC)

Brachna

First Post
Dryneth (with shield) AC 18 (Dmg Conv. 3) HP 8/8

On Party Initiative +4:

Dryneth draws his bow momentarily, but decides against firing once he sees the intense melee his elven compatriot is embroiled in. The shifting forms of elf and beast move too quickly to safely draw a good bead on either combatant from his position. Instead, Dryneth tosses his bow aside and draws his rapier. Wordlessly, he lunges forward at the tick with his rapier, his twilight purple cloak billowing out behind him as he dashes ahead.

[sblock=Combat OOC]
Thanks for the clarification, Airwalkrr. Grappling rules can always get sticky. My mind always gets muddled whenever I encounter a grapple, and it seems each DM has a different interpretation (or even implementation), so I thought I'd ask in advance. :D

I believe that since the tick is in a grapple, it doesn't get an attack of opportunity against me (since I don't believe either combatant in a grapple threatens any squares), so Dryneth will simply approach the tick and attack it with his rapier. After my attack, I'd like to take my 5' step back to the West to allow either Mulnock or Dolan to come into the spot I'm at now. Next round I plan on moving around somewhere 'behind' the tick to the N/NE on the map (again, since it doesn't get an attack of opportunity) to resume my attack.

I hope that was clear. ;) My goal is to maximize the number of people we can get attacking the tick in the shortest amount of time.

Anyway, here's my attack for this round:

1d20+5 = 19+5 = AC 24

Critical Confirmation roll:

1d20+5 = 5+5 = AC 10

Maybe not a crit unless it loses its dex bonus and has no natural armor, so...

Damage:

1d6 = 1 HP

LOL! Two whole HPs IF it's a crit! Oh well! :)
[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Clanking loudly and breathing heavily, Dolan continues to move as quickly as his stubby dwarven legs will carry him, finally entering the room and surveying the bloody battle.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Vicroar furiously tries to wrest the creature off his arm, but it continues to sup upon sanguine delight. Unfortunately for the tick, Vicroar's allies have other ideas. It begins with a jab from Dryneth, followed by a hard smack upon its carapace by Aredal. Dolan draws his hammer as he enters the room, taking a swing and hearing a sickening thud as his weapon spills bug guts on the ground. The creature remains with a tenuous grip on Vicroar's arm, but Mulnock leaps to the rescue, waiting for just the right moment before slashing the monster virtually into two pieces. The beast's jaws release their grip and the remains fall oozily to the floor.

OOC: 100 xp each for defeating the tick.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
"Yes, very easy. Was not expecting a giant tick inside the building. Perhaps Daonil will travel beside me this time?" Aunil pushes the dead bug off him, and checks over his arm. It was bleeding rather well. He rips a strip of cloth from his shirt and wraps it around the cut.

Remove ads