D&D 5E Al-Qadim Moving Through the Flame

Salahuddin blinks his eyes and they return to normal. He stands and walks back over to the group. As he does he reaches out to Easifa.

Keep an eye on them especially the two in the alley. If either move or anyone else shows up and speaks with them let me know. If the two leave follow them.

He walks upto the prisoner.

"How many wait at the well for you?"

OOC: From the description it sounds like the two figures in the alley are not werehyenas. Is this correct? If they are not werehyenas would Salahuddin know what they are?

Quickleaf

Legend
[SECTION]Without hesitation, your captive Derafsh licks his lips and manages a dry chuckle, "I know much of the High Desert near Tajar, and not to travel in a wadi (dry stream bed) in spring while clouds are on the horizon, if that's what you're asking."

When Suelasta unlocks the gate for Salahuddin, Derafsh cocks his head slightly to study the man, amber eyes shifting up and down from his clothes to his face, "Maybe four, maybe eight, maybe in between. It depends how many my family could gather without drawing the attention of Sheikh Ali's guards...and how many haven't been drinking themselves into a stupor on palm wine."[/SECTION]

GM: Can you normally tell by looking at a creature if they're an innate shapechanger? No...no you can't. Normally that goes without saying.

If someone were visually inspecting a creature's appearance, and that creature happened to have an illusory appearance ability like a hag or innate disguise self like a lamia for example, then an Intelligence (Investigation) check is possible to see through its illusory disguise. However, since you're saying Salahuddin believes these to be werehyenas, I'm forgoing that check.

Quickleaf

Legend
[SECTION]Derafsh hesitantly regards Akilah, making no move to rise immediately, as if expecting this to be some trick. After a moment, he shakes his head with a rueful laugh. His second mouth pantomimes the laughter a bit too hysterically. "No, that won't work, not with Nimar. You haven't been listening, Vizier. I'll do as you command, seeing as I have little choice, but it would be a bad idea to make a direct approach..."

Realizing he needs to offer some kind of explanation, Derafsh shifts uncomfortably in the rope binding his hands and licks his dry lips, glancing at the others before returning his gaze to Akilah, "Rawun's Well is full of orphans, each paid a pretty dinari (gold piece) to keep an eye out for...well...for servants of the Sheikh." He inclines his head toward Akilah and Najiyah. "So they'd scatter far in advance of you finding them. Even if you did manage to meet with Nimar, it wouldn't go well. He can't be swayed with words because he can only see one way. That's why the Sultan's treasure is your best option... Once the treasure is in the hands of the Sheikh, then he can issue a pardon, then Nimar won't be backed into a corner." He squints hard at Akilah from his place on the ground, checking to make sure she follows his reasoning.

However, if commanded to, Derafsh stands ready to lead the way to Rawun's Well.[/SECTION]

[SBLOCK=Salahuddin]Easifa's whispering voice echoes telepathically in Salahuddin's ear, "Master, the veiled man in the alley has come out to speak with the others, and the lout cuffed a poor beggar boy begging for coin. But the veiled woman in the alley is leaving somewhere. Do you wish me to stay with him or to follow her?"[/SBLOCK]

Thateous

Explorer
Akilah motions for Derafsh to stand and for Amina to untie the man. "No Derafsh, I fully understand. We have a map you require to free your family from the shadows and I wouldn't mind some knowledgeable guides to get us to our destination. Perhaps we can come to terms?"

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app

Follow the woman. She seems to be the more interesting of the two. Be careful, these are not mere mortals.

Salahuddin turned to regard the others. It seemed Akilah had a plan. Hopefully she doesn't end up getting us killed.

Quickleaf

Legend
[SECTION]Slowly Derafsh rises as Amina undoes the bindings on his hands. Rubbing his wrists, he glances from Amina to Akilah hesitantly. "Terms? I'm listening..."[/SECTION]

Quickleaf

Legend
[SECTION]Squinting at Akilah as if she either is mad or insinuating something, Derafsh shakes his head. "No, like I've been saying, that's my brother Nimar." Though his voice lacks conviction, his second mouth exaggerates its articulation of the soundless word 'brother'. "Unless my dear sister has at last put the fool in his place," he adds with a rueful chuckle.[/SECTION]

Shayuri

First Post
"So if you were in charge, what would your plan for your clan be?" Amina asked as she wrapped the rope in a coil. The action and her tone were both measured, calm...as if she hadn't just been holding this man prisoner after nearly knocking him out.

Remove ads