D&D 5E Al-Qadim Moving Through the Flame

Matthan

Explorer
OOC: Sorry, I got busy and the game moved fast.

Husam maintained his vigil near the Vizier as the Bakr spoke. The hanging accusation towards the Sheikh troubled him. He knew that no such request had reached the Sheikh's ears. That meant that there had to be a liar somewhere. Either the Bakr messenger or this 'woman' that received the request. It may not be pressing, but it could be a sign of a larger issue of disrespect or ill intent towards Tajar. Not to mention, the personal insult to the Sheikh's honor was also a consideration.

However, to interject and speak over the Vizier would be a dishonor itself and serve to make her seem weak. At the moments that Ajan's attention snapped away, Husam tried to catch Akilah's attention so that she could engineer an opportunity to discuss his concerns.

Matthan

Explorer
OOC: Hopefully this will work for you [MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION]. Let me know if you want me to tweak it.

Husam interjected briefly, “Vizier, perhaps it would be wise to inspect the camels and supplies briefly before deciding our first stop. I would be happy to take a moment to make sure you are satisfied with what the merchant has provided.” He hoped that the insightful woman would see the truth behind the request and allow him to speak.

When they had stepped to the side, Husam began in a low whisper while making a show of inspecting the camels as they walked, “I know that you are not always in court, but I am. There has been no message from House Bakr brought to your father’s attention. I do not know whether he is lying about sending them, his messenger is lying about delivering them, or this nameless woman is lying about her relationship to the Sheikh, but something is wrong here. Whichever option is true points to trouble for your father and potential insult to Ajan if not handled appropriately. I am not skilled like your father or yourself to weave tapestries of words and their meanings that are both said and unsaid while governing. You have been raised for this however. I have often heard your father speak of the strength of knowing more than the person that you speak with. It is with that in mind that I wanted to share this with you.”

Thateous

Explorer
Akilah was just about to answer Ajan when Husam called to her. She bowed politely and went over to inspect the equipment, listening to his worries she say, "My concerns are the same, but I don't know how to send word to him without whoever is behind the deception catching wind." she pauses for moment, looking up toward the clear sky when the answer is shown to her. As they head toward Harun's horse she motions for him to lean in so that they may speak. "Could your contraption deliver a message to my father? Somethings not right here and he needs to be warned to keep an eye open."

tglassy

Adventurer
Harun grinned and winked, "Ahzeem would be more than happy to, Katkoota. Give me a message and he will be there and back in no time."

He lifted his arm towards Ahzeem, who flew down and landed no it, looking at Akilah with one metallic eye then the other.

Shayuri

First Post
"What of Salahuddin's friend?" Amina inquired softly. "He is faster and more reliable than a mechanical bird, and could return to tell us when the message is delivered."

Salahuddin looks over to Amina.

"If Easifa is sent I can speak directly through him and hear the Sheiks response." Salahuddin speaks quietly to the others. "He is also less conspicuous and can wait for a time the Sheik is alone. What is it you wish to speak to the Sheik about?"

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal saw that his companions were talking among themselves... he trusted that it was for a good reason.

He instead started asking the nomads about the camels, speaking loudly and tangent-ing into telling the tale of dancing camel of the Aman Oasis, who was very clever and had been trained by a pick-pocket to distract his victims - a scheme that worked well until the pickpocket was one day unmasked by his own camel!

Performance: storytelling check : 1D20+3 = [6]+3 = 9

... it's not a very good story. But hopefully, it was enough of a distraction.

Thateous

Explorer
"We need to know if he ever received word requesting troops for the mission from House Bakr. I'm know something is amiss here, however I cannot see to what end. I doubt my fathers life is in any immediate danger, sending troops with us would have made attacking him easier, so it is us who is at risk." she looks to Salahuddin "Send Easifa and inquire about this." she says, as she removes her backpack and detaches the coiled rug from it. She places the rug on ground, gets in a comfortable seated position, and says, "Tartafie!" The rug slowly starts to rise and she looks to her companions and says with a smile, "Well let's get going then, after all, their expecting us."

Shayuri

First Post
Amina bows her head, and sticks as close to Akilah as she can...

(OOC - not assuming she's on the carpet; no idea how many those can hold :))

Salahuddin nods to Akilah. He then reaches out to Easifa with his mind.

My familiar I have a new task for you to accomplish. Return to me.

A gust of wind blows Salahuddin's face scarf indicating that his Gen has returned to him.

Easifa my faithful servant you have a task.

Salahuddin pulls a sheer of paper and pen from his pack. He writes in flowing script.

Almighty Sheikh, we your servants have a message. Please retire to your private quarters alone at your convenience and our messenger will meet you.

Faithfully yours,

Salahuddin ibn Hamid al-Qadibi

Salahuddin presses his seal into the ink and then to the paper next to his signature. He dusts the note with fine sand and folds it neatly and holds it up. Easifa takes it and the paper vanishes form view.

My Gen, deliver this note to the Sheikh and then watch him for when he is in private. Once you have him alone and no others are about reveal yourself and notify me. We have a message of utmost importance to deliver to the Sheikhs ears alone.

Salahuddin dismisses his Djinnling and he feels him through their bond as it flies back towards the palace.

"It is done. Easifa will notify me when he is to speak with Sheikh Ali."

Remove ads