D&D 5E Al-Qadim Moving Through the Flame

Quickleaf

Legend
GM: [SECTION]Disperse Mirage. Starting at 2nd level, you can use Channel Divinity to cast out illusions and mirages from your sight, even piercing through illusory untruths inflicted upon your allies. As an action, you grant creatures of your choice within 30 feet of you the ability to immediately use their reaction to make an Intelligence (Investigation) check with advantage to determine the nature of any visual illusion within their line of sight.[/SECTION]

So that would affect you [MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION], as well as [MENTION=6803188]VLAD the Destroyer[/MENTION], [MENTION=20005]Matthan[/MENTION], and [MENTION=23]Ancalagon[/MENTION]. It would also affect all NPCs traveling with you currently: Nimar & his 6 rogues & his brother Derafsh & sister Fereshte & Sinjin & Easifa.

Sinjin Intelligence (Investigation) with advantage: 2d20k1+1 4
Easifa Intelligence (Investigation) with advantage: 2d20k1-1 14

*Nimar Intelligence (Investigation) with advantage: 2d20k1+1 17
Derafsh Intelligence (Investigation) with advantage: 2d20k1+1 4
Fereshte Intelligence (Investigation) with advantage: 2d20k1+2 13
Nimar's Rogues Intelligence (Investigation) with advantage: 2d20k1+1 7 (*swapped results with Nimar for better storytelling)

Last edited:

Thateous

Explorer
OOC: thanks for doing that. i don't have access to google drive at work to look at my character sheet to see the details of the ability.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - I have a feeling the holiday may have eaten Tglassy. Can we assume Harun assents to return with Amina from their scouting trip? :))

Quickleaf

Legend
(OOC - I have a feeling the holiday may have eaten Tglassy. Can we assume Harun assents to return with Amina from their scouting trip? :))

GM: The holidays do that to the best of us :) Yeah, let's go with that assumption. Amina & Harun are en route back to camp.

Quickleaf

Legend
[SBLOCK=Salahuddin]This is most assuredly not an illusion [MENTION=6803188]VLAD the Destroyer[/MENTION] The genie before you is indeed one of the rare fallen djinn known as "al-aeshma" – wish-granting djinn who pridefully refused to grant wishes to mortals & were banished by the Great Caliph Husam al-Balil ben Nafhat al-Yugayyim and his Lords of Air to wander the Material Plane, where many fall prey to the worst of their chaotic natures. Colloquially, they are known as "sand genies."[/SBLOCK]

Quickleaf

Legend
"Truest wish?" Akilah scoffs. "We seek what we have pursued from the beginning. The truth." she says attempts to see what's before her in it's truest form, extending the blessings of Hakima's sight to her every companion she could.

OOC: Casting disperse mirage extended to as many as I can.

b8cd39e37971095b9b907cba5fb26db1--golem-character-profile.jpg

The genie's voice booms in the night sky, sounding like sand whipping across a cliff face, "And which truth do you seek? That of slaves or masters? Gods or men? Truth lies scattered in every grain of sand. Face east and they are countless, face west and truths twice beyond counting. There are many secrets in these sands, in the Badu al-Kabir... many I have heard on a whispering night... many have I seen on dying man's lips... Have you come for these secret truths?"

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal bit his tongue - he could sense the genie's power, and a poorly chosen word would do ill here. There was so much he didn't know about the genies and their ways...

Besides, wasn't that *the* truth about humans - that they didn't really know what they wanted?

Remove ads