D&D 5E Al-Qadim Moving Through the Flame

Quickleaf

Legend
GM: As I noticed the notifications seem not to be working again, I wanted to politely page everyone [MENTION=6803188]VLAD the Destroyer[/MENTION], [MENTION=23]Ancalagon[/MENTION], [MENTION=20005]Matthan[/MENTION], [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION], [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], [MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION] I believe we're waiting for VLAD? But correct me if I'm mistaken.

Matthan

Explorer
OOC: Still here.

Husam knew that he had been witness to something momentous, but he could not shake the uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach that there would be consequences for the bargain that had been struck. Still, he knew his place and it was not to question a Shi'ar. He would continue to wait and be ready if the situation turned, but until then, he would not interfere.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
OOC: Get better Vlad!

Lal looked sideways at the Vizier, and suddenly was filled with doubt. Her powers of discerning the truth were a guarantor of this exchange... but were they? He had met philosophers that had found ways of telling lies with truth - the words were true, but they deceived the listener nevertheless. Would her powers pierce through such subtle lies?

His glance slid over to Husam - well at least the both of them were ready for physical threats... but that may not be the true danger here.

Salahuddin had expected some complicated ritual to free the Al-Aeshma. But what the Al-Aeshma said made some sense. If a Sha'ir was needed to free them then the words would need to come from the heart. Salahuddin turns to the two whirlwinds that separated from the others. He would need a good look at those he is to pardon before he could speak those words.

"Ashtigal and Yehiena please come closer and reveal yourselves. If I am to speak words of pardon from my heart I will need to look on your magnificence."

Quickleaf

Legend
Salahuddin had expected some complicated ritual to free the Al-Aeshma. But what the Al-Aeshma said made some sense. If a Sha'ir was needed to free them then the words would need to come from the heart. Salahuddin turns to the two whirlwinds that separated from the others. He would need a good look at those he is to pardon before he could speak those words.

"Ashtigal and Yehiena please come closer and reveal yourselves. If I am to speak words of pardon from my heart I will need to look on your magnificence."

Upon hearing Salahuddin's bidding, and seeing the elder Al-Aeshma nod in agreement, the two whirlwinds rapidly dissolve down to the silt and sand of the wadi (dry riverbed) at the outskirts of Khaldun Oasis.

Ashtigal appears kneeling, dust whirling about his frame, legs barely visible amidst the windswept sand that shrouds his lower torso. Rising up to his full ten feet, he is a genie of fearsome aspect, with prominent horns swooping above a mane of white hair dressed with sandstorm-burnished brass braids. His skin, the color of storm clouds at sunset, appears perfectly hairless as if he were blasted by sand into a figure worthy of polished marble. Worn jewelry adorns him along with twin sashes of yellow (about his chest) and saffron (at his side). He wears a massive scimitar in a scabbard tucked into the saffron sash. Eyes blazing with the intensity of signal fires, he rumbles a greeting and bows awkwardly before your party, clearly unused to such displays, "I am Ashtigal, and I have heard your words." Looking to his left, Ashtigal grows quiet as the other whirlwind takes shape...

Yehiana takes shape more slowly, smoke rolling off her skin which is a hue like a sullen sky after storms or ash after a fire. Like her male counterpart she dresses immodestly, wearing worn silks of tarnished white and adorned with serpentine bracers and fire opal jewels. Framing her unruly black hair, which hangs down over one shoulder all the way to her waist, is an ornate headdress decorated with fangs of some massive creature and brass serpents intertwined at the headpiece. Eyes opalescent like stars or mother of pearl, she elegantly bows to your party, revealing her palms are marked with henna designs, "O Wind Called, I am Yehiana, once of the Winds of Creation. You will not regret your decision." Though she stands only eight feet tall – nearly the same height as Salahuddin's genie valet Sinjin – Yehiana possesses an air of authority nearly rivaling the elder Al-Aeshma himself.

Salahuddin inclines his head to the two genies. He looks over the pair trying to pick out an duplicity in their bearing. Ashtigal appeared as any Djinn warrior, intense and mighty. His awkwardness seemed genuine but could be a misdirection. The deference to Yehiana pointed to her being noble, her bearing confirming this suspicion. As Salahuddin looks them over he commits their faces to memory. With their names and having looked upon them he could call and bind them if they break his trust. When Ashtigal speaks Salahuddin gives a slight bow.

"I see you Ashtigal of the Al-Aeshma. I greet you as friend my you always find shade."

When Yehiana speaks the Sha'ir bows deeper.

"I see you Yehiana of the Al-Aeshma. I greet you as friend."

Salahuddin then begins to arrange some items on his prayer rug. He places a small bowl down in front of him. The Sha'ir scoops some sand from the ground and pours it from his hand into the bowl. He then takes out a small pouch and takes a pinch of ash and sprinkles it over the sand. Salahuddin then splashes water from his water skin into the bowl. He covers the bowl with his hand.

"In this bowl lies the earth, ash, and rain of this mortal world. These are the elements used to imprison one of the Djinn from the winds of creation by the Lords of Air. Any who have been so banished must beseech their mortal servant for forgiveness and pardon. Only then can the elemental chains be broken and their immortal being returned to the great tempest where all Djinni were born." Salahuddin shifts his eyes to Ashtigal. "You come before me seeking pardon. Speak your truename and make your plea. For the Wind Called must hear the words from your own lips as no other can speak on your behalf."

Remove ads