Alice is Missing is a 'Silent' Roleplaying Game

Launched today on Kickstarter, the RPG Alice is Missing is designed to be played entirely by text message. It describes itself as "a silent role-playing game about the disappearance of Alice Briarwood, a high school junior in the small town of Silent Falls." The game is played live and without verbal communication. Players inhabit their character for the entirety of the 90-minute play...

Launched today on Kickstarter, the RPG Alice is Missing is designed to be played entirely by text message. It describes itself as "a silent role-playing game about the disappearance of Alice Briarwood, a high school junior in the small town of Silent Falls."

0432d0ae-433d-455c-a6f3-266312c1563a.jpg

The game is played live and without verbal communication. Players inhabit their character for the entirety of the 90-minute play session, and instead of speaking, send text messages back and forth to the other characters in a group chat, as well as individually, as though they aren’t in the same place together.

The game is by Hunters Entertainment (Werewolf 5E, Altered Carbon, Kids on Bikes) and Renegade Game Studios. $10 for the PDF, $20 plus shipping for the print, $40 gets you the Roll20 version too.

98a902d6a6e13ec2ad70fea9333bf573_original.gif

univoxs

That's my dog, Walter
Supporter
I have been waiting to see invintive RPGs that use our constantly connected world. Something between play by post and VTTs. I don't think there is a dice roller built into android's or apple's messengers but that seems like its something that could easily be over come.

Nytmare

David Jose
I think the gimmick would probably work better as a videogame.

I suppose in the age of social distancing an rpg they can be played via private messaging makes sense

This just reminded me of Lifeline, an older phone RPG where the story and interface is just sending text messages, in real time, back and forth to an astronaut stranded on the moon.

Remove ads

Remove ads