Alien & Fate Join ICv2's Top 5 RPGs

Alien and Fate join ICv2's tabletop RPG sales chart, while Dungeons & Dragons and Pathfinder maintain 1st and 2nd places as usual, positions 3-5 always change. Cyberpunk, from R. Talsorian, has climbed from 5th place last time, to 3rd place. This chart is for September-December 2020, based on interviews with retailers, distributors, and manufacturers. Position Game Publisher 1...
Alien and Fate join ICv2's tabletop RPG sales chart, while Dungeons & Dragons and Pathfinder maintain 1st and 2nd places as usual, positions 3-5 always change. Cyberpunk, from R. Talsorian, has climbed from 5th place last time, to 3rd place. This chart is for September-December 2020, based on interviews with retailers, distributors, and manufacturers.

alien.jpg

Position​
GamePublisher
1​
Dungeons & DragonsWizards of the Coast
2​
PathfinderPaizo
3​
CyberpunkR. Talsorian
4​
AlienFree League
5​
FateEvil Hat Productions

As always you can see all the historical charts here.

darjr

I crit!
Pocket guide for 1e have some impact but not much at this stage I would think since the 2e pockets are now released. I think 2e is going to be an extremely steady no. 2. I wonder where Starfinder ranks?
Six or beyond in this chart.

imagineGod

Legend
This could prove to Wizards of the Coast the SciFi DnD is not worth it if Paizo's Pathfinder 2e already thrashers Paizo's Starfinder that has a two year headstart.

GreyLord

Legend
I don't think Paizo is selling any 1E is it? So all of it. This is about games in stores now. There may be some old stock some retailers are selling, I guess.
They have the most of the 1e line still in print and for sale.

These are the oversized paperback versions. I have many of them.

In addition, there are still some of the later printings of the 1e hardbacks still on the shelves.

I doubt Hasbro dares to publish a sci-fi franchise if Disney doesn't forgive a new rival for his Star Wars franchise. But adding elements from Gamma World to Spelljammer revival may be possible.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm unfamiliar with that distinction what happened?

Nothing happened. It is that Fate is a game you can play, but it is an engine used for games as well - Fate of Cthulhu, Atomic Robo, The Dresden Files, Tachyon Squadron - and then there's Fate Accelerated and a few titles under it, and Fate Condensed just came out...

So, it may be hard to say what, exactly, they are counting under that title.

Remove ads

Remove ads