Alien RPG Pre-order Starter Set & Colonial Marines Adventure

Many of us have heard of the super cool Alien RPG by Free League using their Year Zero Engine. Now is your chance to get the starter bundle, which includes both the Starter Set (plus dice inside) and a new adventure "Destroyer of Worlds". Or if you already own the earlier Alien RPG products, you can just opt for the Colonial Marines only boxset cinematic scenario...

Many of us have heard of the super cool Alien RPG by Free League using their Year Zero Engine. Now is your chance to get the starter bundle, which includes both the Starter Set (plus dice inside) and a new adventure "Destroyer of Worlds".

Or if you already own the earlier Alien RPG products, you can just opt for the Colonial Marines only boxset cinematic scenario.

alien_rpg_boxset_starter_and_adventure.png

ALIEN STARTER SET
  • A 104-page rulebook with a fast and effective ruleset designed specifically to support the core themes of ALIEN: horror and action in the cold darkness of space.
  • The 48-page complete Cinematic scenario Chariot of the Gods by sci-fi novelist Andrew E.C. Gaska.
  • Five pre-generated characters to play.
  • A huge full-color, double-sided map (format 864x558mm), with one side depicting chartered space in the year 2183 and the other floor plans for the Chariot of the Gods scenario.
  • 84 game markers for keeping track of characters, motion tracker pings, and more.
  • 56 high quality custom cards for weapons, personal agendas, and initiative in combat.
  • A set each of ten engraved Base Dice and ten Stress Dice, designed specifically for the ALIEN RPG.

ALIEN DESTROYER OF WORLDS (CINEMATIC SCENARIO)
  • The main Destroyer of Worlds scenario book.
  • A huge double-sided map (format 864x558mm) of Ariaricus colony on one side and the Fort Nebraska space elevator ground base on the other.
  • Five pre-generated characters to play.
  • Custom cards for weapons, vehicles, and personal agendas.
  • Player maps and handouts.

Nebulous

Legend
I bought the core book and the stress dice. What I really really really want is some miniatures of marines and xenomorphs, the latter is harder to come by.

Nebulous

Legend
The boardgame from GF9 will be good for that. I'll be buying it just for the minis!
Me too, my friend.

rUt6xvB.jpg

DWChancellor

Kobold Enthusiast
I've always wondererd how an Aliens game would really work in most rulesets, but Year Zero Engine is perfect for this kind of game.

A perfect example of mechanics make the game work.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The starter set is an insanely good deal. You get a cut-down rulebook (probably cutting a lot of the fluff and art from the corebook), both sets of dice, the cards, the first adventure, and the maps and counter kit for close to a third of the original cost of all of the stuff other than the corebook.

I'm mildly surprised they're throwing the whole kitchen sink in this way, but I guess the strategy is to aggressively grow the audience and make this a major franchise. Which sounds great to me.

Looking forward to August!

pming

Legend
Hiya!

I bought the core book and the stress dice. What I really really really want is some miniatures of marines and xenomorphs, the latter is harder to come by.

Here: MyMiniFactory - Search Results for "xenomorph" - Guaranteed free and paid 3D Printable Files and Designs
And you could probably use some "marines": MyMiniFactory - Search Results for "marines" - Guaranteed free and paid 3D Printable Files and Designs

Of course, you have to have a 3D printer (preferably resin for small things, like 30mm mini's; but printing them out at say, 75mm might be cool too, on a FDM printer...).

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Remove ads

Remove ads