• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Alignment traits

Khelben7

Explorer
Alignments are somewhat gone and only mentioned on page 156 as far as I know. The Destinies are great but I feel that the Alignments are still missing or are they supposed to be described somehow elsewhere on the player sheet?

Khelben7

Explorer
Alignment traits are usually only for supernatural creatures like the undead, angels, and demons. For PCs their destiny is far more important.
I’m all for Destinies but the Alignments still point to a certain direction good or evil, Chaotic or Lawful. These would detail the personality even more along with the Destinies.

johna_thr33

Explorer
I’m all for Destinies but the Alignments still point to a certain direction good or evil, Chaotic or Lawful. These would detail the personality even more along with the Destinies.
I’m a fan of how alignment is handled in this system, because in general characters start out in the neutral range. Then through destinies, feats, class features and events/decisions in-game earn you your alignments

I’m a fan of how alignment is handled in this system, because in general characters start out in the neutral range. Then through destinies, feats, class features and events/decisions in-game earn you your alignments
I’m also a fan of Alignment in this system. If Alignment is important to the character, there are ways to gain it as a character trait. If not, your character is not forced into an Alignment.

gamemasterbob

Explorer
Alignment has been around as long as Dungeons and Dragons. It’s part of the language of the game. Eventually, seeing alignment less and less, gamers will forget why we ever had it. Somebody, somewhere, used to make a lot of money selling pagers. Alignment playing less of a role in Level Up will not affect my game.

I post my opinions. Yours may differ. Happy gaming!

Remove ads