• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

All newbie game?

Someone

Adventurer
Use the following character creation rules:

- To keep thing simple, we´re using 3.5 core rules only and not material from other sources.

- Don´t roll your abilities. Use the following stats instead: 16, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8. Arrange them as you see fit and then apply racial modifiers. If someone wants different stats, that could be done.

- Only races from the players handbook (PHB). Do not use subraces or monsters as characters from the monster manual.

- 1st level characters.

- For simplicity, use the stating equipment listed for each class, exchanging items for roughly equivalents in price if you want. For example, you could exchange a bastard sword for a two handed sword, but not a scale mail for a full plate.

- Non-evil alingment. Background is not needed, though you can have one if you like.

- Post your characters and questions in this thread.

- I won´t use variant or house rules.

We´ll start as soon as I have 4 or 5 finished characters (I can´t handle more) Please say how frequently are you able to post.

A simple question

My main question is how much different is 3.5 from 3? I have the core books for 3, but can't afford the 3.5 books yet.

Also, I was wondering if I could use a more powerful character since I've got gaming experience. I would be there to get the newbies out of any jams they get into, but I won't go near anything that resembles sentient JELL-O. Basically the newbies would guide the course of the adventure and I would be there to answer questions (as best I can) and lend any support I can. We can discuss this over PM if you want. The only class I won't play is anything Magic-User related, unless it's a Cleric.

Someone

Adventurer
Re: A simple question

jacquesdespiques said:
My main question is how much different is 3.5 from 3? I have the core books for 3, but can't afford the 3.5 books yet.

You´ll hardly notice the difference, specially at low levels. Make your character and, if something changes, I´ll tell you. Or you can have a look at the SRD, or the excellent chages compilations recetly done in the General forum.

Also, I was wondering if I could use a more powerful character since I've got gaming experience. I would be there to get the newbies out of any jams they get into, but I won't go near anything that resembles sentient JELL-O. Basically the newbies would guide the course of the adventure and I would be there to answer questions (as best I can) and lend any support I can. We can discuss this over PM if you want. The only class I won't play is anything Magic-User related, unless it's a Cleric.

The answer is no. But I´m OK if you want to act as a "tactic leader", pointing each one´s strong and weak points, what would be a good tactic or move and warning against bad choices and actions.

People, make your characters! -and don´t be afraid of asking for help if you have problem with them!- first to come, first to serve. But if you don´t make the cut, stay tuned, there´s always someone who drops from the game.

Last edited:

In all his majesty!

Name: Mirdor Zarun-Huzar
Race: Human
Class: Cleric of St. Cuthbert
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Domains: Destruction and Strength

Str: 13
Dex:10
Con:14
Int:12
Wis: 16
Cha:10
HP: 10

Skills:
Concentration-4
Diplomacy-4
Healing-4
Knowledge (Religion)-4

Feats:
Improved Initiative
Combat Casting

Everything else is basic Human Cleric starting package.

OOC: I couldn't bare to see an 8 on my stats list so I made it a 10. This shouldn't upset any game balance and all the other stats are the requested low values.

Someone

Adventurer
Re: In all his majesty!

jacquesdespiques said:

OOC: I couldn't bare to see an 8 on my stats list so I made it a 10. This shouldn't upset any game balance and all the other stats are the requested low values.

What´s so terrible about having an 8? I like eights. Some of my best friends are eights. Anyway, if you absolutely don´t want it, you can choose to lower your Wis to 15 or any other Ability 2 points to raise that poor 8 to a more socially acceptable 10.

CyberVenom

First Post
Name: Thokk
Race: Half-orc
Class: Barbarian
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Domain: (I don't understand this one. :) )

Str: 16
Dex: 16
Con: 12
Int: 8
Wis: 13
Cha: 6

I'm not exactly sure how to or what skills I'm allowed to pick, so correct me if I'm wrong, please. :)

Climb-4
Jump-4
Swim-4

Feats:
Focus Weapon (Greataxe)

The rest is the Half-orc Barbarian Starting Package. It says in the book I'm using that for gold I should roll 2D4. Should i do that or not?

Remove ads