• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(All Please Read) Running or Playing -- which do you prefer?

SurfMonkey01

First Post
In recent months, I've found that my gaming circle finds me a bit of an aberration. We play countless different game, all with long-running storylines and tons of depth... and almost every single one of them is run by me. I had a discussion with one of my players about it, and I told him flat out that I get so much more enjoyment out of running than out of playing. I can't explain why, but I just do. So that left me wondering... am I really that unusual in the world of gaming? Please, everyone, chime in and let me know just how alone I am.

Wicht

Hero
You are not unusual on this board as the majority here all DM IIRC.

Though in the real world I would say the majority just play.

Personally its been so long since I actually played as a player I can't recall which I prefer. But running the adventure does provide a good time for me.

WizarDru

Adventurer
I know I love being a DM...but it's been few and far between when I even had an opportunity to play, so I can't say for certain which I prefer, honestly.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads